In one of my Project, we had a requirement for Successfactor Learning Management System Integrations with SAP HCM for Curricula data exchanging.
- The term qualification in SuccessFactors refers to Curricula. Curricula is a template that contains multiple items (courses), requirements and sub-Curriculas. When Curricula is used as a compliance tool, completion of a series of items and requirements (electives) as a whole can be tracked in SuccessFactors. Here the requirement is to track safety certificates for job execution as some jobs require employees to complete mandatory certification.
- There are two parts to the interface – qualification catalog updates from SF LMS to SAP ECC and qualification link along with Status to be assigned to an employee in SAP ECC (PA – IT24).
So in simple words, we need to set up following 2 scenarios using SAP Standard content:
- Employee Curriculum Catalog :
b. EmployeeCurriculumStatus :
Steps to integrate successfactor EC and LMS with SAP HCM through SAP PI in simple following steps:
Step-1: Pre-requisite of standard content for the Integration has to be download from SAP Market Place
## In SAP PI following objects needs to be imported for SFSF LMS Integration.
- SFIHCM0360004 (Support Package XI CONTENT SFIHCM03 600 #Database independent)
## The ECC version supported by LMS are version 6.0 and above.
Along with that, it is required to download the following Add-Ons and import in SAP ECC.
– SFIHCM03 600 0004 SAPK-60003INSFIHCM03 SFIHCM03: HCM integration with SuccessFactor
– SUCCESSFACTORS_HCM_INTEGR 3.0 sap.com SUCCESSFACTORS HCM INTEGR 3.0
NOTE: SFIHCM03 depends on SFIHCM01, SFIHCM02 – Need to deploy complete package in ECC and always go for the latest available version for all the packages. (If client requirement for version is not specific)
Step2 – Creating channels
For Catalog Interface we are going to create following channels:
Sender SFSF Adapter with REST Protocol – To connect to Success Factor LMS services for Catalog
Receiver ODATA Adapter with ODATA Protocol – To connect to On-premise SAP HCM system.
For Curriculum Status Interface we are going to create following channels:
Sender SFSF Adapter with SOAP Protocol: To connect to Success Factor Employee Central services for Curriculum Status
Receiver SFSF Adapter with REST Protocol : For performing lookup in Success Factor LMS services for Status
Receiver ODATA Adapter with ODATA Protocol: To connect to On-premise SAP HCM system for Status
Step 3– Apply Integration model from ESR.
Use the following Process Integration scenario in ID and complete the configuration part for SAP PI.
Integration Model forCurriculumcatalog:
Integration Model for CurriculumStatus:
Step 4- ODATA service Configuration in SAP HCM:
In order to maintain and activate the following ODATA service: HRSFI_QUALIFICATION_SRV in ECC requires to follow the following steps:
- Execute the transaction – SPRO in HCM-ECC and follow the below path mentioned in the screen for Activate and Maintain services.
- Once execute the Activate and Maintain Services, it will open following window to add the service
Once it is added , it will show under below service catalog window as follow:
Step 5: BADI configuration
Note : The test case scenarios has been attached , please download it and change the extension to “.zip”.
Referenced links –