Here I’m explaining the Propagate Column From feature of BODS. Say, you have created a job in BODS. Now due to change in requirement you need to add few more information. Then what is the way to do it more effectively in less time. Do you have to manually go through all of your Data Services ETL process elements and add those new columns? No. In BODS you can easily and very quickly achieve this goal by using Propagate Column From feature.
Here is how you can achieve this in BODS:
1. Open the dataflow in which you would like to add new columns
2. Open the data flow final transform where you would like to see your new columns as a result
3. Right click on the tree root element and select Propagate Column From
4. In the new opened pop-up window select the data source where those new columns exist
5. Select the new columns and press Propagate
6. The new columns are automatically added to every transform from the data source to the target
All newly added columns can be treated, changed, deleted and maintained as normal manually added columns.