SAP Enterprise Threat Detection 1.0 SP3 trial available on Amazon Web Services
[UPDATE 8.07.2016] Trial SAP ETD 1.0 SP3
SAP released the trial version of SAP Enterprise Threat Detection 1.0 SP3 (ETD) on Amazon Web Services.
It is running on Amazon(AWS) as SAP Cloud Appliance(CAL). General information on CAL is available here: SAP Cloud Appliance Library (CAL).
- No SAP license costs –> time restricted trial license
- You have to pay only for the Amazon Web Services costs (direct to Amazon Web Services)
- An Amazon Web Services account
What is included?
- SAP HANA
- SAP Enterprise Threat Detection based on SAP HANA
- SAP Event Streaming Processor
- SAP ERP acting as an event provider
The trial version is time restricted. After that time you can get a partner demo license (standard process) and install it
- on your own instance (cloud or on-premise)
- Select the paid CAL option
- The team is of course working now on SP4 on CAL,
- Please note that the trial does not include all SAP patterns
- In the trial system, we generate some test events in the SAP ERP systems (only few). So after some minutes there should be some data available. So try out the SAP ERP system an generate some own security events to get a better understanding of the system.
- We selected a larger virtual box because all components including the SAP ERP system are running on the same box. In productive environments, SAP ERP would run on its own box and you would run SAP Event Streaming Processor on standard boxes, too.
Let us know any feedback and reply to this blog. Of course we cannot help with any Amazon specific issues.
What are the costs for the Amazon Web Services (per hour / day / week)?
Depends on the active/parking times. Active should be around 5 EUR per hour. But everyone who test this trial has the full transparency in his amazon account.
When clicking "Get it now" for SAP Enterprise Threat Detection on the page you provided, the system says "The solution cannot be found in SAP Cloud Appliance Library". There is no such solution among 51 that are displayed. It must have been deleted I guess. Can it appear again? Or should I better don't have it in view?