We are pleased to announce a joint two-day Design Thinking workshop on SAP Energy Analytics* and SAP MCF Cloud/Customer Energy Insights* taking place in Montreal, Canada, in mid-October 2015 . This workshop is organized for utility companies who would like to work with SAP in the context of the Customer Engagement Initiative. The aim of the workshop is to identify key solution blocks and most important use cases.
Background and Project descriptions:
Businesses today are going through a digital transformation. This transformation is mainly driven by the hyper-digitization of consumer lives that has resulted in a change in consumer behavior as well as expectations. Consequently, to remain competitive and relevant, businesses need to engage their consumers through all channels across various touch points and need to gain deep insights into how consumers use their products and services . All of this is relevant to the utilities industry as well. Ubiquitous connectivity, Cloud computing, Big Data, and Internet of Things (IoT) has paved way for applications that can leverage these technological advancements to transform a utility into a Digital Utility by helping it understand how consumers use energy and what kinds of personalized products and services can be offered to each individual consumer.
We are glad to announce that we are planning to complement our utilities solution portfolio by offering two such, new, cloud-based solutions
- SAP Energy Analytics*: With the latest evolution of technology and the introduction of smart meters, a typical utility company today is faced with the ever-growing big data challenge. While it offers the utility company an opportunity for tremendous business insights, big data clearly poses an analytical challenge, and calls for advanced, powerful analytical tools that can bring meaning to it. SAP Energy Analytics will leverage the latest technological advancements, such as the Internet of Things (IoT), SAP HANA®, and others to provide you with a best-of-breed, powerful analytics tool.
- SAP Multichannel Foundation for Utilities (MCF) Cloud/Customer Energy Insights*:
To complement our on premise solution SAP Multichannel Foundation for Utilities and Public Sector (MCF), we plan to leverage the power of Cloud, IoT and HANA® to build an advanced, next-generation, customer engagement and commerce suite for utilities that comprises three main pillars:
- Traditional self-services: Enabling end consumer to pay bills, submit meter readings etc. across different touch points like web, mobile
- Advanced self-services: Enabling end consumers to better understand their energy consumption and to manage their energy goals; supported by real time analytics like energy usage benchmarks, consumption forecasts.
- Omni-channel commerce: Enabling utilities to effectively target the right customers and sell them energy and energy related product and services .
Why should I attend?
- Get an early insight into SAP product plans and details
- Influence SAP’s product development and its new features
- Build a direct communication channel with SAP development teams
- Expand your professional network
What is the prerequisite for participation?
- SAP wants to get your feedback on future functionality. To be legally on the safe side, a Feedback Agreement (FBA) needs to be in place between your company and SAP. Therefore, we will reach out to you individually after the registration if an FBA is not yet in place between your company and SAP. You can find more information about FBAs here.
Depending on the most popular option, we will finalize the dates and send out the agenda.
Option 1: October 14th (Wed) and October 15th (Thu) 2015 – 9:00 – 17:00
Option 2: October 21st (Wed) and October 22nd (Thu) 2015 – 9:00 – 17:00
SAP Montreal, Suite 9000, 111 Duke street, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H3C 2M1
How can I participate?
If you are interested in participating in this workshop, please contact: Asif Dogar (email@example.com) and Albina Shapiro (firstname.lastname@example.org). In your email, please include names of participants, their e-mail addresses, phone numbers, the name and address of the company no later than Friday Occtober 2nd, 2015. Please also mention your preferred option for dates. Thereafter, we will send a confirmation e-mail to registered participants. Feel free to reach out to us in case of questions.
Where can I get more information about these innovations?
SAP Energy Analytics* https://www.asug.com/discussions/docs/DOC-41888
SAP MCF Cloud/Customer Energy Insights*: https://sap.emea.pgiconnect.com/p2ofukthz6j/ (password : CEI2015)
SAP Customer Engagement Initiative registration pages:
SAP Energy Analytics*: https://influence.sap.com/ct/s.bix?c=22532E62-3975-4932-B57A-ABE6B07D89B0
SAP MCF Cloud/Customer Energy Insights*: https://influence.sap.com/ct/s.bix?c=98232A07-5358-452D-A3EF-88ED7A2EAF08
* Please note that SAP Energy Analytics and SAP Multichannel Foundation for Utilities (MCF) Cloud/Customer Energy Insights are not the official product names.