Call Center and Customer Service for Utilities in SAP Cloud for Customer
SAP is providing more and more Industry Scenarios to their Cloud for Customer (C4C) solution. In the past colleague Guus explained more about the Retail Execution for Consumer Products Industry. Now it is time to have a closer look at one of the other (new) industry solutions; Utilities. SAP C4C now integrates with SAP IS-U
In the past 2 releases (1505 and 1508) SAP added a lot of new functionality to the utilities solution of C4C. This blog will focus on the Utilities Call Center and Customer Service capabilities in C4C. It shows which scenarios are covered and we will take a look at the administrator tasks that must be performed.
Search & Identify Customer
From the ticket queue a customer service representative picks up the customer request and starts processing it by first searching for the customer. This search can be done directly in the C4C system or can be extended in the connected SAP IS-U system. For the first search an administrator needs to load some utilities specific data into your cloud system. This can be done by scheduling a few data load reports in your SAP IS-U system (see Reports paragraph in this blog). The extended search allows the customer service representative to search on specific utilities data which is not transferred to C4C. If the standard search fields do not match your requirements you can extend both searches with your own custom fields via PDI/SDK development.
Customer overview of Utilities specific info
- Contract accounts and contracts
- Usage overview
- Financial status (billing history and payments)
- Interaction Records
Covered Utility Processes
After gathering the customer information from the different Utilities screens a customer service representative can start different processes based on the customer request that was picked from the ticket queue.
Typical utility processes that can be started from C4C are:
- Change customer master data
- Update customer address
- Change contact details
- Move in & Move Out (integrated with SAP IS-U)
- Transfer (integrated with SAP IS-U)
- Enter Meter Readings (integrated with SAP IS-U)
- Service order management (integrated with SAP IS-U)
- Install new device (e.g to smart meter)
- Power outage
- Complaint management
The ticket can be closed after the completion of one of the above processes and final communication to the customer. All past communication with the customer can be found on the Interaction Records tab of the customer view.
Set up for administrators
To make all of the above available for end-users an administrator has some work to do. Besides the fine-tuning and scoping the most of the work will be in setting up the integration with the connected and configured SAP IS-U system and the data loads from this system.
- Connection with SAP IS-U via SAP PI
- Configured SAP IS-U system
- Utilities specific configuration Data loads for SAP IS-U to C4C
- Latest support pack for SAP IS-U and SAP PI (needed for the integration and reports below)
In the scoping section you need to mark the check box under Industry Solution => Utilities Call Center and Service.
In the fine-tuning some activities are available which you can use to support your Utility Call Center and Service processes:
- Maintain Business Agreement Class
- Maintain Payment Method Code
- Maintain Service Types
- Maintain Contract Processing Status
- Maintain Reversal Reasons
The following reports you must schedule in your SAP IS-U system to have the latest utilities specific data in C4C:
- Configuration data for SAP IS-U: COD_UTILITIES_CONFIG_UPLOAD (one time)
- Contract Accounts: COD_UTILITIES_ACCOUNT_EXTRACT
- iBases: COD_INSTALLED_BASE_EXTRACT
- Connection Objects: COD_CONNECTION_OBJECT_EXTRACT
- Installation Points: COD_INSTALLATION_P_EXTRACT
- Installations: COD_INSTALLATION_EXTRACT
- Hierarchical Relationships: COD_HIERARCHY_RELATION_EXTRACT
Since the 1508 release the SAP Cloud for Customer Utilities Call Center solution is a complete customer service solution for utility companies. It covers the most common utility scenarios from a Call Center and Customer Service perspective. The addition of some new core functionality together with the integration with SAP IS-U, C4C service components and the different communication channels (phone, e-mail, chat, social media) a customer service agent can handle all kinds of customer requests. From a technical point of view the integration with SAP IS-U and the data loads are the key subjects during the technical part of the implementation.
See also: Acorel – Blog