As an HR Business Partner (HRBP), I had a chance to experience first-hand the many advantages of the SF Recruiting management module. Here are the key areas where I found it very beneficial to help me become a more strategic and relevant partner to my business leaders:
- I can see at any point how many openings and which openings my business units have. This helps with demand planning, it facilitates my partnership with recruiting to prioritize the key areas to work on and I can what stage each requisition is at (just opened, interview phase, offer phase)
- It is a very interactive tool that helps increase the collaboration and engagement between recruiters, HR Business Partners and hiring managers
- The hiring manager are a lot more involved in the whole process, they can see real time what is happening to their openings and their involvement and excitement leads to better selection and long term results
- The time from interview to offer reduces sometimes dramatically because the approvals are done through the system, recruiters can set who the approvers are based on the requirements of each business unit and it’s very easy to follow who has approved what and follow up on if something gets stuck with an approver
- The dashboard is visually very appealing, it shows how many candidates have applied for the open roles, how long a role has been open, what stage it is at of the recruiting process
- Another interesting highlight is the mobile capabilities of SuccessFactors. For example: offer approvals, interview central feedback can be done right from your phone.
- Interview Central can be designed to provide targeted competencies for the specific role you are recruiting, enabling your interview team to focus on what is most important for that hire
Beyond all the great advantages I have seen from the tool as an HRBP supporting my business units, I was also interviewing some candidates for roles that I was a stakeholder for (I was not the hiring manager but the hiring manager asked me to be involved in the interviews). The tool allows all the interviewers to put the interview feedback right into the tool for each candidate (the system continuously sent reminders to get this done which was useful), which makes it very easy and effective for hiring managers to see all the comments and feedback from all the interviewers and they can do a better job selecting the right candidate for the role, thus improving business results for their units.