The download offering for 7.40 is expired. For a complete list of all available versions, please see the following:
The download provides the software required to install and run SAP NetWeaver Application Server ABAP 7.40 SP8. You can explore it and learn how to develop modern ABAP applications with core data services and SAPUI5 or you can get an overview on SAP’s client/server technology. Just as its brothers in the Amazon or Azure Cloud it is preconfigured to run the Database Feature Gallary and the Enterprise Procurement Model programming examples out of the box.
- SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP 7.4 SPS8
- SAP Sybase ASE 15.7
- SAP GUI for Java Environment 7.40 and SAP GUI for Windows 7.40 in recent versions
- SAP Microsoft Management Console 7.42 Snap-In
- SAPINST Windows GUI if you want to perform a GUI based installation from a remote Windows PC
Sorry, currently the download is not available.
You need to read and accept the Software End User License Agreement.
This edition runs on a Linux 64 Bit version. It has been successfully tested on:
- SUSE SLES
- Ubuntu and Debian
Linux newbies don’trun away: you find a step by step instruction on how to set up a Linux VM and how to run the AS ABAP installation SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP 7.40 SP8 – Developer Edition to Download: A Step by Step Guide for Linux Newbies.
- x86_64 processor based hardware
- at least 4 GB RAM and about 8 GB swap space
- about 80 GB free disk space for the server installation
- about 2 GB free disk space for the client installation
Linux geeks can now go ahead downloading the software and following the concise installation instructions SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP 7.40 SP8 – Developer Edition to Download: Concise Installation Instruction. And I encourage all Linux newbies to download it nevertheless and give it a try with the step by step instruction mentioned above. Have fun.