This may sound very basic but can be useful to someone who doesn’t know yet.Others, please ignore.
You may have a situation where Event triggers are used in process chains and you are confused or find difficult to identify which process exactly triggered an particular event. The figures below illustrates example scenario and method of finding it using the standard way of digging the related tables.
You have 2 chains,
1) Chain that raises an event trigger
2) Chain that receives the event
If you need to find out the parent chain that raised the event “EVENT1″( in this case ), you can use below tables to get the information.
1) Table RSPCVARIANT
2) Input LOW = “EVENT1”,TYPE = “ABAP” (basically its the event parameter you want to search for)
3) Copy the value from field VARIANTE
4) Table RSPCCHAIN
5) Input VARIANTE = value copied from step (3)
6) CHAIN_ID field will give you the technical id of the process chain that raised this event.