In this tutorial, learn how to design a batch type of job for extracting data from a hierarchical XML file, transform and load them into a table MS SQL SERVER 2012.
- Access to a type of MS SQL SERVER 2012 database or otherwise,
- An XML file containing the raw data
- Version: 4.2 SAP Data Services
- Application: Data Services Designer
- Added “MtrlDim” job, work and dataflows
- Import a DTD (definition of an XML schema format)
- Definition of the data stream “DF_MtrlDim”
- Validation of the data stream
- Running the job
Adding components “Work” and “Data” flows in the Job design space
- Create New Job entitled “JOB_MtrlDim” In the project area,
- Right-click and “New batch job”
In the project area, click the created job.
Select the “Workflow” icon in the tool palette.
Place the “workflow” in the job Workspace and named the “WF_MtrlDim”.