Create OLAP Connection (BICs) to SAP BI server to access Bex Query Data:
Objective: Create dashboard and webi reports on BEx query directly, for this we need to create OLAP Connection(BICs)to SAP BI server.
Introduction: SAP BO 4.0 onwards allows us to connect BEx query via Business Intelligence Consumer Services (BICS) connection which also known as OLAP connection. We can create and save OLAP connection through CMC (Central Management Console) or IDT (Information Design Tool). OLAP connection can be created to connect BI server, Multiprovider, InfoCube and Bex query. If connection is specific for particular Query, Cube or Multiprovider then goes for create it in query or cube base Otherwise create connection on BI server through which we can connect to any BEx query. The benefit of creating Connection on BI server is single OLAP connection for all BO reports.
Create OLAP connection to connect BI server:
1) Login to CMC with Administrator authorization right and goes to OLAP Connection
2) Then select new connection
3) Put the BI server details as per below given screen shot.
4) Click on Connect button to check connectivity give BI server credential.
5) Don’t select any cube or query as we are making connection to BI server, click on cancel.
6) Select Authentication Type as ‘Predefined’ and maintain user name and password and save.
Now we have created OLAP Connection to BI server successfully using CMC. Hope this Document will be helpful.
Kashif Ali Khan