September is when summer vacations come to an end, students head back to school – and the time for another quarterly release of SAP Predictive Analytics. Our product teams were busy this summer cranking out new features and improvements based on overwhelmingly positive customer feedback the previous 2.2 version.
On September 2nd, we formally released SAP Predictive Analytics 2.3 and available on SMP now for licensed customers. For those of you who are not already using it, you can download the 30-day trial here.
What’s New In 2.3?
You can learn more about everything in SAP Predictive Analytics 2.3 in the What’s New document. Here are some of the highlights broken out by our release themes:
Go Faster and Do It Easier:
- Better experience when editing R scripts: New keyword highlighting, line numbering, and window expansion capabilities makes it easier to work with R without jumping into another environment.
- Unified keycode system: Users can now add their license keys in the main PA window and have it apply to both Automated and Expert Analytics. Users can also view them through the Help menu.
- Easier access to resources: A new welcome page enables users to browse the Predictive Analytics Community, suggest ideas in SAP Idea Place, or subscribe to the new SAP Predictive Analytics Newsletter.
Do More and Do it Smarter:
- More sophisticated model comparison: Perform model comparison on three or more algorithm chains at once within Expert Analytics
- More flexibility with model comparison metrics: Select how models should be measured and which order their KPIs should be compared in Expert Analytics
- New capabilities in SAP HANA Automated Predictive Library (APL): Applications using the SAP HANA APL can now use a new recommendation type for “similarity”
Analyze All of your Data:
- Updated support of major database versions: Take advantage of the latest versions of all major supported databases (Check out the latest support matrix for more info)
- Better HANA View Support: Recommendation and Social analysis now support HANA Views in Automated Analytics.
- Improved Hadoop performance: Enhancements to Automated Analytics processing when using Hadoop as a source.
NEW! Deep Dives by Product Managers
Also with this release, some of our product managers have created deep dive articles to discuss some of the new features in 2.3:
NEW! SAP Predictive Analytics Newsletter
We’re searching the global SAP Predictive Analytics community to bring you the most popular and useful blog posts, tutorials, how-to resources, expert tips, and more, direct to your inbox.
How To Get Started?
- Download the trial!
- Check out the online materials and tutorials:
- See the high level messaging and use cases of how other customers are using PA at www.sap.com/predictive
- Check out: Official Product Tutorials – SAP Predictive Analytics, SAP Predictive Analysis and SAP InfiniteInsight
- Participate in the SCN Community: SAP BusinessObjects Predictive Analytics
- Learn, ask questions, get answers!
Antoine CHABERT has great blog entry with common questions and answers: Frequently Asked Questions – Downloading, Installing and Activating SAP BusinessObjects Predictive Analytics
The (Road)Map Ahead
September also marks the beginning of the fall conference season and that means our product team has pressure to deliver an even bigger and better release with SAP PA 2.4. While the ASUG SAP BusinessObjects User Conference in Austin Texas and SAP Insider in Singapore are already behind us, SAP TechED 2015 is just around the corner.
Our next version is shaping up to be a major release for us – so look out for SAP Predictive Analytics lectures, webinars, and demos that will show off the latest achievements you can expect in another great release coming up next!