Join the SAP HANA Cloud Portal Developer Challenge 2015
Note: this challenge ended on November 30, 2015. We would like to thank all people, who sent contributions, for their engagement and feedback.
News: The winners of the challenge are identified. Please scroll down.
Welcome to the HANA Cloud Portal Developer challenge 2015. We would like to invite you to demonstrate your developer excellence and leverage the capabilities of the trial developer environment of HANA Cloud Platform and Cloud Portal.
We ask to develop SAPUI5 business applications simply and intuitively with HANA Cloud Platform and Cloud Portal and:
- publish them to a Cloud Portal site or
- create a SAP Fiori launchpad site and publish your business applications to the Fiori launchpad
- in addition you should also brand your sites
What is in for you? All participants of the challenge will receive a SAP HANA Cloud Portal Developer Award of Excellence, we will send you in a document format via email. The award of excellence will confirm that you have acquired knowledge with SAP WEBIDE development environment, developing SAPUI5 applications as well as with HANA Cloud Platform and Cloud Portal (read also the FAQ section).
- Open your Chrome browser and create a trial account for HANA Cloud Platform and Cloud Portal.
In your trial account you will find new engaging sample sites and templates available for free to all Cloud Portal users. These sample sites are designed to give you a jump start on your first steps in setting up a site using Cloud Portal. In the latest edition of the trial version SAP Fiori launchpad was included.
- Access SAP WEB IDE: All HANA Cloud Platform trial accounts have access to the new SAP Web IDE application. Users can instantly start developing in this web environment by accessing it from their trial account’s cockpit.
- Activate the Cloud Portal Plugins for SAP Web IDE.
- Activate Fiori launchpad in your trial account. Details can be found in this blog.
Read the following material and get familiar with your working environment and the technical know-how:
- Cloud Portal developer guide where you find information on how to develop content with SAP UI5
- Cloud Portal developer hands-on tutorial, which gives you a guidance on:
– working in SAP Web IDE to develop SAPUI5 applications
– deploying your applications to HANA Cloud platform, and add them as widgets to Cloud Portal
– creating Cloud Portal sites and populate the site pages with the content that you have developed
- SAP-Documentation on „SAP Fiori Launchpad on Cloud“
- Blog Develop, Deploy, Configure, Consume Fiori Apps using Fiori launchpad/ HANA Cloud Platform
- Document UI Theme Designer Developer Center
How to participate
- Create an idea for a certain business scenario, implement it and show us how you can leverage the capabilities of the trial version:
– develop at least 1 SAPUI5 application and publish it to a Cloud Portal site or
– develop at least 1 SAPUI5 application and publish it to the Fiori launchpad
- Use the UI Theme Designer to brand your CP site or the Fiori launchpad business scenario.
- When you are finished, blog on your results.
- Go to the SAP HANA Cloud Portal space, create a blog and write in the title “SAP HANA Cloud Portal Developer Challenge: <your own title> “
Describe your development project, your business scenario and insert images from your Cloud Portal examples sites or from the Fiori launchpad site.
- Publish your blog, create a comment to this blog and insert your blog link.
Contributions and Winners
The following contributions were submitted for this challenge:
- An alert cockpit for SAP Real Estate
- Tailored apps for SAP HCM
- Analytics for grocery industries in India
- App fetching accounts from C4C
- Fiori app for transport approval process
- Reporting application listing all open customer receivables, sorted by age
- A Customer Call Center Fact Sheet
The finalist awards go to:
and the winner award goes to:
Congratulations to the finalists and the winners.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long is the challenge running?
New: The challenge ends November 30, 2015 (US Pacific Time).
Who can participate?
Anyone can participate, including SAP employees, partners, customers, and students.
How will the participants be awarded?
A Cloud Portal expert team from SAP will review all the published blogs and reserves the right to exclude from the challenge any blog without meaningful content. Once we have reviewed your submission, we will tell you, that your blog and contribution was accepted.
All participants of the challenge, which are accepted for the challenge, will receive a SAP HANA Cloud Portal Developer Award of Excellence, we will send you in a document format via email. The award of excellence will confirm that you have acquired knowledge with SAP WEBIDE development environment, developing SAPUI5 applications as well as with HANA Cloud Platform and Cloud Portal.
There will be awards for all participants, and special awards for the finalists and for the winner. The best contributions will be included into our SAP TechEd presentations and also into a product video, which will be uploaded to our SAP Portal YouTube channel.
Is there a winner of the challenge, how it is defined?
All contributions will be reviewed by Cloud Portal experts from SAP. This expert committee will also define the finalists and the winner.
How many times can you create a blog and participate in the challenge?
As many times you like.