Innovative SAP HCM Partner Cloud Extensions on SAP HCP
Over 20 participants from 12 SAP Partner organizations joined the 3 day “Power Week” co-innovation workshop: “Build HCM/Successfactors extensions on SAP HANA Cloud Platform”. The event was organized by the SAP Partner Solution Center in collaboration with other teams, and took place August 25th through 27th at the SAP Co-Innovation Lab in Palo Alto, California, USA. Participating partners shared their innovative Successfactors extension use cases and business plans with SAP experts in individual discussions, and explored co-innovation partnering options, and how SAP can support the partner’s development efforts and go-to-market strategy.
The Power Week is an integrated part of a strategic HCP adoption campaign to enable partners to build distinct value Successfactors apps extensions on SAP HANA Cloud Platform which complement SAP’s portfolio and have a great potential for monetization. This initiative is a result of great collaboration between colleagues from SAP PartnerEdge for Application Development, SAP Partner Solution Center, SAP HANA Partner Engineering, COIL, HCM LOB and Cloud Experience Team, with support of the HANA and Successfactors product experts.
The Power Week event enabled partners to use SAP HANA Cloud Platform for developing and deploying innovative and cutting-edge business solutions extending SAP’s HCM and Successfactors core applications, and provided them with valuable insight into the partner co-innovation opportunities with SAP. The content included break-out sessions with the partners on their use cases, HCP generic and Successfactors extensions specific presentations, combined with hands on exercises (see agenda below).
The following topics were covered:
- SAP HANA Cloud Platform (HCP) Overview
- SAP HANA Cloud Platform Services in detail
- Setting up Development environment for HCP
- SAP HANA Cloud Integration (HCI)
- Application Development with HCP
- Internet of Things (IoT) services on HCP
- HCP Roadmap
- Extending SAP products with SAP HANA Cloud Platform
- Success Factors extensions overview and options
- Cloud extension
- frontend and backend development
- deployment and release to customers
- Building my first Successfactors extension (hands on)
- Deploying my first Successfactors extension (hands on)
- Successfactors extensions – SAP partner program and GTM aspects
Benefits to participating SAP Partners:
- Understand how to co-innovate with SAP to accelerate time-to-market, reduce development cost and minimize risk
- Understand SAP HANA Cloud Platform and how to leverage it for building innovate solution extensions
- Receive individual guidance on partner’s use case
- Effective enablement to accelerate the development cycle and packaging of Successfactors extensions
- Publishing of Successfactors extensions on SAP Store and commercialization via SAP PartnerEdge for Application Development
- Potential to be offered a co-innovation project with SAP
The feedback from participants was excellent. Learn more about co-innovation with SAP here.
Co-Innovation Principal | Solution Center
Global Partner Operations