Skip to Content

Recently I had a request to add a value from the process start trigger to the Process Subject field of the BPM monitoring page. That’s this field:


I followed the steps in the SAP Help page ( exactly:


only to end up with an error when starting the process. The error was “locale could not be read correctly”.

According to various posts on SCN, I should run the ‘BPM Configuration Tasks’ from the configuration tasks. I did that and entered ‘NL’ as the country code and ‘CET’ as timezone and tested again. The same error appeared.

I looked for the JAVA property where I could view the content of the country code, and found it at ‘tc~bpem~base~ear’. There, the ‘Show details’ button revealed that the country code should be lowercase, and that the timezone should not be ‘CET’, but ‘GMT+1’ or ‘Europe/Berlin’.

system properties.jpg

After I changed this, I was finally able to succesfully run my process.

To report this post you need to login first.


You must be Logged on to comment or reply to a post.

Leave a Reply