Sample: How to consume Service Layer oData services from .NET via WCF
Some weeks ago I published a blog explaining how to consume Service Layer oData services from .NET via WC, please read it as introduction to this blog and sample:
In this new blog I want to announce that we published a .NET sample code connecting to SAP Business One version for SAP HANA Service Layer and doing some operations like:
– Retreive the list of Business Partners and Items
– Add a Sales Order Document
– Update a Sales Order Document
– Get a specific Sales Order Document
– Close a Sales Order Document
– Get information via query filters to reduce the amount of data to be retrieved (for example not all fields but only CardCode, CardName fields required but the UI) to improve performances
– Send several queries via Batch in only one request
– Use pagination to retrieve all Orders page by page (user will not be able to see all pages at once and performances will be better if you retrieve page by page).
With this sample you will see how easy is to consume Service Layer Entities (what we are using to call objects in COM interface) and Actions (somehow equivalent to the DI API Services) by getting directly your hands in real .NET C# code.
Please use our standard SDK forum for questions/remarks on the SAP Business One version for SAP HANA Service Layer.