Monthly Highlights from the SAP User Experience Community – Sept 1st
Usually a very slow month for blogs, I was pleasantly shocked to come back from vacation yesterday to find that August provided a wealth of interesting, new content on the SAP User Experience Community. Have a look for yourself!
In Learn the basics about design and user experience:
- In Can Trainings Go beyond Business Entertainment? Mauro Rego questions the real impact of design-related trainings for non-designers.
- Exploring the Real Working Life – How the DCC Inspires Future Students gives readers insight into an internship with SAP´s Design & Co-Innovation Center.
- When it comes to user experience, SAP is usually asked to provide demos or videos that highlight the new user experience. Now we have a series of videos where you can see the new SAP Fiori experience side-by-side with the older SAP GUI experience. Compare the processing time, clicks, screen changes, and fields filled. Find out more in Experience Transformation with SAP Fiori UX by Katie Moser.
In Skill up on design and user experience:
- Have you ever wondered how SAP ensures high-quality user experience for new applications? Find out in What Are D-Gates For? by Markus Paeuser.
- In Graphical Recording – Creating Visual Memories for Meetings Beate Riefer shares the story of how she became a graphical recorder and gives some tips and tricks in case you are interested in becoming one too!
- Learn about the shiny new features available in BUILD Beta 3 byBen Ceaser, .
- In End-Users’ Experiences With Redesigned Coca Cola Hellenic Web Shop Thomas Biedermann tells the story of how Coca-Cola HBC turned to the SAP Design & Co-Innovation Center (DCC) to open a web channel. After the implementation, Coca-Cola Hellenic asked their end-users about their experience with the new web channel design and made a video capturing it.
- In SAP Fiori UX Design Workshop with the VNSG User Group Kirsty White recounts the workshop to enable the VNSG members to react to changing boundary conditions driven by the consumerization of IT and emerging IT trends such as the Internet of Things and Big Data.
- In Sneakers and Cable Drums, Daniel Markwig gives readers an introduction to the creative space of the SAP AppHaus in Heidelberg.
- In The City of Heidelberg and SAP Design a Service for Elderly People Ann-Sofie Ruf presents an interesting interview about a joint effort between SAP and the city of Heidelberg to design a service that brings together generations and helps elderly people over the age of 85 to rediscover their sense of value in society.
- Find out about Europe’s largest competition to find the leaders of tomorrow in this post by Leonie Fremgen – The CEO of the Future Knows Design Thinking.
- How can Design Thinking help talented students from Bulgaria? How can you boost creativity in 4 hours? What do summer camp scientific research projects have to do with prototyping mobile applications? Find out in Young Scientists to Discover the Power of the Team with Design Thinking by Bistra Yakimova.
- Theresia Bauer is the Minister of Science, Research and the Arts for the State of Baden-Württemberg in Germany. She visited the SAP AppHaus Heidelberg in July and had some interesting insights on the intersection of the topics of design thinking, education and politics. I highly recommend An Interview With Ms. Theresia Bauer About Design In The AppHaus Heidelberg by Franziska Reich.
About the SAP User Experience Community – the site is a public platform dedicated to design and user experience. Visitors to the site (e.g. customers, partners, even SAP employees, etc.) can go to Community to ask questions, exchange ideas, learn more about design and user experience as well as keep up-to-date on SAP’s user experience (UX) strategy.
Be the first to leave a comment
You must be Logged on to comment or reply to a post.