Since MaxDB 7.9.08.32 is finally available for download via SAP Store, here is the updated Feature list starting with 7.9.08.27 (taken from SAP note 1444241):
SP 8 Patch 32 (7.9.08.32) (July 13, 2015) (14 Features, 21 Patches)
- default value for database parameter UseAlterTableAddColOptimization changed to YES (PTS 1253928).
- Database parameter change of RequestTimeout now becomes active immediately (although the timeout of existing locks remains unchanged) (PTS 1253460).
- New system table PROCEDUREPRIVILEGES showing privileges on database functions and database procedures (PTS 1253682).
- New option ORDERED for database parameter EnableStarJoinOptimization, which executes all ‘star’-joins in the sequence given by the FROM clause (PTS 1253834).
- New database parameter SavepointDeadlockDetection introduced (allowed settings are OFF, DIAGNOSTICS, ABORT) (PTS 1253856).
- Problem fixed that the database would not start with more than 245 volumes defined (PTS 1253823).
- Bug fix for possible deadlock when dropping an index (can only occur if the database has a very small data cache size configured leading to data cache overflows) (PTS 1253779).
- Fix for possible performance problem in combination with database parameter EnableDelayedRootPageCreation set toe YES in OLTP systems (PTS 1253773).
- Fix for potential crash when creating a snapshot in operational state ADMIN and a database version recovered from a backup of 7.8 or older (PTS1 253677).
- Functional enhancements to support SAP kernel 7.50 (PTS 1253849; PTS 1253729; PTS 1253732; PTS 1253781; PTS 1253828; PTS 1253942; PTS 1253908; PTS 1253889; PTS 1253879; PTS 1253802; PTS 1253700; PTS 1253553)
- Database Analyzer: new columns added to DBAN_SAVEPOINTS.csv (TenantSvpPhase3Flushtime, TenantSvpPhase3IOCalls, TenantSvpPhase3WrittenPg) (PTS 1253800).
- Database Analyzer: a warning message is displayed if SAP MaxDB data area size 16 TB is nearly reached. For 32 TB compatibility with SAP MaxDB 7.9 see SAP note 2179510) (PTS1253916).
- The DBM command recover_config now reverts any changes to the paramter file in case of an error. During restore a temporary file ist used (PTS 1253905).
- fix for DBM command recover_config with error last block is smaller in case the parameter file stored in the backup exceeds a size of 40960 Bytes (=5 pages) (SAP note 2183492) (PTS 1253877).
- fix for DBM command recover_check abort (RTE header size xxx instead of yyy bytes) if block size in backup template was larger than the DataIOClusterSize the backup was performed with (PTS 1253844).
- Loader: bug fix for complex catalog functions not exported in correct order (PTS 1253610).
- PROTCONV command generates wrong output if input file contains one of the following encoding characters: & " > < /apos (PTS 1253748).
SP 8 Patch 31 (7.9.08.31) (May 6, 2015) (5 Features, 13 Patches)
- roll back time of huge undo files improved by using read ahead functionality; read ahead usage is monitored via system table <database_system_administrator>.MONITOR and long running undo operations are logged in the KnlMsg file (internal PTS 1253445).
- error fixed that backups taken while a check data on snapshot was executed might be damaged beyond repair (PTS 1252309).
- fix for possible database crash on SQL update using the query-rewrite feature (PTS 1252433).
- support added for open SQL SAP_INT8 and SAP_UINT8 functions (PTS 1253665).
- SAP MaxDB ROUND function improved to work with INT4 values (PTS 1253669).
- allow LIMIT and OFFSET functions to work with a maximum of unsigned INT8 rows (PTS 1253621).
- fix for possible wrong result at ‘outer join’-select if at least 3 tables and predicates evaluate to ‘false’ (PTS 1253657).
- fix for error -8006, data types must be compatible at CREATE TABLE statement with VARCHAR data type or numeric literal in select list (PTS 1253625).
- improved error output for tasking queue elements in ‘global freelist’ by including the call back function in call stack (internal PTS 1253567).
- fix for move error during update on table with foreign key condition, if table is both referencing and referenced in a foreign key definition (PTS 1253544).
- lower limit for database parameter TransactionLockManagementStripes set to 1 (SAP note 2092116) (PTS 1253494).
- SQLDBC: fix for problem introduced with 7.9.08.30 (binary incompatible version) (PTS 1253546).
- SQLDBC: fix for possible error -602 system error: unexpected error… when executing an SQL statement (PTS 1253471).
- Loader: Fix for possible crash loading data with key length above 1024 bytes (PTS 1253630).
- DBM Server: fix for param_gethistory / param_gethistorynext commands stuck in endless loop if parameter history file (<database_name>.pah) contains corrupted lines with a length of more than 549 characters (PTS 1253638).
- DBM Server: param_restore command now creates a copy with timestamp of the original file to have a backup available in case the param_restore needs to be reverted (PTS 1253575).
SP 8 Patch 30 (7.9.08.30) (March 20, 2015) (5 Features, 10 Patches)
- new database parameter EnableLogRestoreCompleteIndex introduced (default=NO); if enabled, all indexes will be created during log recovery (use with caution – this increases the log recovery downtime) (PTS 1252395).
- new database parameter ForceSchemaSpecification (default=NO) added to enforce schema usage in database procedures, database triggers and database functions (PTS 1253447).
- support for table functions added (can be used instead of tables in the FROM-part of queries) (PTS 1253039).
- fix for SAP MaxDB 7.9.08.27-29, CHECK TABLE with release unused long space-option in some cases deleting too much data (PTS 1253410) (SAP note 2075823).
- Introducing new database parameter UseConverterStripesLockYielding (default=YES) to prevent a possible performance problem during backup start on large database systems (PTS 1253358).
- correction for error -1113, too many nested function calls at SQL statement with CASE expression and many database functions (PTS 1253360).
- fix for error -7021, view column derived from function not allowed during CREATE VIEW statement (PTS 1253399).
- fix for potential kernel crash by miscalculated LogQueue value, if database parameter MaxCPUs is increased in operational state ONLINE (PTS 1244262).
- additional trace output in case of rare crash with old_fileversion error during UNDO of a DROP LOB value (PTS 1253324).
- fix for data types VARCHAR2 and NUMBER failing with error when using database functions in SQL mode ORACLE (PTS 1253478).
- Value specification TRANSACTION can now be used as default value in SQL mode ORACLE (PTS 1253469).
- Loader: Fix for rare error -3999 invalid parameter or -8000 SERVERDB must be restarted for fast loader in conjunction with simultaneously used communication package (PTS 1253312).
- DBM Server: minor fix for failing Hot Standby commands hss_copyfile and hss_addstandby if executed with additional parameter database=<database_name> (PTS 1253457).
- DBM Server: Fix for crash in user event dispatcher if automatic email sending for special database events is enabled (PTS 1253223).
SP 8 Patch 29 (7.9.08.29) (March 2, 2015) (0 Features, 2 Patches)
- Some crashes fixed caused by wrong memory allocation possibly affecting parallel create index, shared SQL and other areas (internal PTS 1252911).
SP 8 Patch 28 (7.9.08.28) (February 12, 2015) (6 Features, 11 Patches)
- A looping/blocked savepoint is now logged in file knlmsg with following messages:
Savepoint: Flush during prepare running for $DURATION$ minutes
Savepoint: Flush during prepare blocked by task(s) $TASK_ID$ for $DURATION$ minutes (PTS 1252789).
- SAP MaxDB allows now 256 nested functions in one statement (PTS 1253201).
- UPSERT command is now permitted in trigger (PTS 1253257).
- Fix for wrong optimizer decision at SELECT statement with ORDER BY if alias name is used for order column (PTS 1250471).
- Fix for error -9042 …BD Append not allowed at complex SELECT INTO statement (PTS 1253091).
- Fix for error -9400 …AK Cachedirectory full with possible kernel crash due to overwritten/destroyed AK cache when using many/large SQL constraints (PTS 1253210).
- Fix for error -4023 … Unknown function name during ALTER TABLE ADD LOB COLUMN or ALTER TABLE ADD PRIMARY KEY occuring in combination with a trigger using Oracle specific SQL functions on affected table (PTS 1253225).
- Fix for possible crash during insert into internal system table SYSUPDSTATWANTED (PTS 1253263).
- Fix for rare crash during CLEAR LOG command in combination with AutoLogBackupSize above 131071 and previous DBM command db_restartinfo returning an error (PTS 1253294).
- Fix for a rare performance problem when changing table rows in parallel. This was caused by wrong SQL locks generated for referenced tables (if a referring column was added with ALTER TABLE ADD DEFAULT statement) (PTS 1253059).
- Fix for crash in database restart phase after upgrade to 7.9 and automatic catalog migration, if support password was not correctly initialized (PTS 1253264).
- Fix for database internal time deviating from system time by disabling the high resolution timer calibration (PTS 1253138).
- Overflow for fixed functions SAP_UINT, SAP_UINT1 and SAP_UINT2 now returning the expected errors 0-4294967295, 0-255 and 0-65635 (PTS 1253079).
- Database Analyzer: Bug fix for UsableCPUs warning now checking against physical CPU cores instead of previously incorrect check against physical CPUs only (PTS 1253187).
- x_cons: new option uptime introduced to display the database uptime (PTS 1253154).
- DBM Server: fix for internal event dispatcher not stopped when setting the database to operational state OFFLINE (which results in a hanging situation during ByDesign upgrade) (PTS 1253157).
- DBM Server: fix for DBM command db_restartinfo incorrectly returning restartable 1 even after an obviously incomplete recovery (PTS 1231697).
SP 8 Patch 27 (7.9.08.27) (December 8, 2014) (10 Features, 12 Patches)
- New database parameter UseReadAheadUndoRedo introduced to improve database restart time after unexpected shutdown by making use of read ahead functionality when processing undo files (PTS 1252905).
- Possible wrong result at JOIN SELECT with index access on altered columns with default value using a version between 7.9.08.18 and 7.9.08.26 and with database parameter UseAlterTableAddColOptimization
- After DBM command recover_configload_systabdb_restart
- Fix for error -8017, column must be group column during certain SQL statements using GROUP BY and HAVING clauses (PTS 125994).
- New timer functions implemented to allow for faster system time calls and adding microsecond support for Microsoft Windows platforms (PTS 1252862).
- Runtime on Linux PPC and AIX: faster run-queue search operations (PTS 1253002).
- Microsoft Windows: fix for database kernel service hanging in state starting, if started via Microsoft Windows Service Manager or Microsoft Cluster Manager (PTS 1252868).
- SQLDBC: …trace stop on error command now stops the kernel trace even when no SQLDBC trace is active (PTS 1252941).
- SQLDBC: fix for failing communication to SAP CCMS via DBPROVIDER-connect (successor of DBMRFC connect) when passwords lengths above 9 characters were used (PTS 1243667).
- ODBC: the SQLExecute/SQLExecDirect call should return SQL_NO_DATA_FOUND on a non positional UPDATE or DELETE statement instead of returning SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO and message Cursor operation conflict (PTS 1253012).
- Database Analyzer: new warning added, if database contains unreferenced short column files (bug fixed via PTS 1252758 in 7.9.08.26). These short column files can be removed via note 2075823, but using at least SAP MaxDB version 7.9.08.30 is mandatory to prevent possible loss of data (PTS 1252756, PTS 1252879, PTS 1253410).
- Loader: bug fix for syntax error when calling the Loader using -n and the -U switch (PTS 1252858).
- Hot Standby (with shared log area): redesign and several changes implemented to make it usable for SAP MaxDB 7.9, for details see notes (2097837 and 2098447) (PTS 1252969, PTS 1252999, PTS 1252890).
- XCONS: fix for dequeue-counter displayed by show queue possibly showing an incorrect value (PTS 1252977).
- DBM Server: Re-registering a database with db_reg after db_unreg fails in case of password length of more than 9 characters with error user authorization failed (PTS 1252961).