SAP Screen Personas roadmap update September 2015
Much has happened since our last SAP Screen Personas roadmap update in February 2015.
- We released SAP Screen Personas 3.0, including service pack 1
- We released a rapid deployment solution for SAP Screen Personas 3.0
- Customers are starting to use SAP Screen Personas in conjunction with SAP S/4HANA
- We prepared an openSAP course on SAP Screen Personas so you can learn how to simplify your SAP GUI screens in a self-paced learning format
Since the first release SAP Screen Personas every service pack includes new functionality to improve performance, functionality, and/or usability. The SAP Screen Personas product team continues to work closely with our colleagues in Unified Rendering, SAP Internet Transaction Server, SAP GUI, Web GUI, Java GUI, Web Dynpro ABAP, S/4HANA development, and Fiori product management to innovate and bring new functionality to SAP Screen Personas. There are several ongoing development initiatives that we can share:
- Working with the S/4HANA team to make SAP Screen Personas 3.0 available for customers seeking to personalize transactions in their on-premise systems.
- Aligning with the Fiori team to make it easier to build Fiori designs using SAP Screen Personas.
- There are several other innovations we are working on that I cannot share at this time.
In summary, we are working on making continuous improvements to SAP Screen Personas based on your feedback. Please keep the ideas flowing. Our goal is to make it as easy as possible for you to personalize your Dynpro or Web Dynpro ABAP (coming soon) screens.
Contrary to many rumors that customers, partners, and colleagues have relayed to me, SAP Screen Personas is not heading towards end of maintenance. The current version (SAP Screen Personas 3.0) is built into the foundation of SAP – integrated into the Web GUI and able to render through the SAP GUI. The published maintenance timelines are based on an internal formula based on the latest product release. Generally SAP Screen Personas timelines are calculated based on the year of a Service Pack release plus a support window of up to 3 years, rounded up to the end of the year. So, when we have an update next year, the date will shift out by a year.
You can see the latest roadmap in the SAP User Interface Technologies presentation.
The future is very bright for SAP Screen Personas.
- Download SAP Screen Personas 3.0 SP1
- Sign up for push notifications related to support (new SAP Screen Personas Notes, kernel recommendations)
- Join us at TechEd to discuss your user experience transformation
- Tell us what you would like to see in future versions of SAP Screen Personas.
Disclaimer: In this blog, I have made forward looking statements and predictions of when SAP will bring certain products or services to market. This represents our current state of planning. These plans might change for a variety of reasons. So, none of the content in this blog reflects a commitment from SAP to provide specific functionality or deliverables on any set schedule.