How important is Big Data across you Extended Supply Chain?
Big data offers tremendous potential to improve many aspects of a company’s business, and can have a major impact on a company’s overall operating and financial performance.
According to a recent Global Operations Megatrends Study (Big Data Analytics in Supply Chain: Hype or Here to Stay?) by Accenture, most companies have high expectations of incorporating analytics on big data in their supply chains, but adopting it has been a challenge. In fact, 97 percent of the executives surveyed understand how big data analytics can improve their supply chain, but only 17 percent have implemented it.
SAP is conducting a research study on Big Data across the Extended Supply Chain with the goal of determining how companies can capture and leverage big data to:
- Design products that incorporate sensory technology
- Continuously improve the performance and design based on consumer preferences and automated feedback
- Drive more effective S&OP process and decision making?
- Respond faster and have more effective reaction time to supply chain issues based on actual supply and demand events and triggers?
- Improvement in customer service and demand fulfillment
- Increase in supply chain efficiency
- Optimize inventory and asset productivity
- Improve customer and supplier relationships?
- Turn data into information with improved analytics and decision support analytics
As part of this study we are inviting executives and business practitioners to take the “Big Data in the Extended Supply Chain Survey” to provide your perspective.
The survey is targeted at decision makers and business experts from logistics, supply chain management, operations, R&D, asset management and Environment, Health and Safety who are concerned with capturing, analyzing and using Big Data to improve their business processes.
Take the Survey by clicking here.
Follow me @howellsrichard