Dear SAP Solution Manager customers, users and consultants: This is your call! SAP starts the next round of its Customer Connection programm for SAP CRM. 🙂
Whether you know already or not, I just want to give you a quick heads-up about this:
The SAP Customer Connection program is already out there for quite some time now. It is not offered for SAP Solution Manager, but SAP CRM had already several rounds and projects – which resulted in great enhancements of the product. Actually, SAP CRM orients all of there future developments mostly only based on the Customer Connection program. This happend already quite successfully for the last three years. The main portal is http://influence.sap.com
Huh? Why should this be interesting for me, as as SAP Solution Manager customer? 😕
There is a simple answer to that: Because SAP Solution Manager uses big parts of SAP CRM technologies and frameworks, especially in the area of IT Service Management and Change Control Management (Change Request Management).
With this blog, I want to inform you about the next upcoming Wave of this programm, which will start quite soon: Initial kick-off calls will happen next week on Tuesday and Wednesday (see links below) and the Requirements Collection phase will then last until mid of October. This is when you have the chance to submit ideas and requests.
As stated above, many features of SAP Solution Manager in the area of IT Service Management and Change Request Management are based on SAP CRM functions are re-use its framework. Use this opportunity to submit requests which have no direct relationship to SAP Solution Manager but are related to SAP CRM core functions.
I’m not a technical architect, how should I know? 😕
Of course, it is not always easy for a customer to see what is now coming from SAP CRM and what is coming from SAP Solution Manager. Therefore, here is a short list of areas which might be relevant:
- General Features & Handling of them (General UI Usability, Checklists, Approval, …)
- Generic Functions (like Attachments, Text Management, Inbox & Search, …)
- PPF Framework (Status Management, Customizing, …)
- UI Framework
- Muli Level Categorization
- Rule Management
- Ibase, Iobject
This give you the opportunity to have a real influence of SAP’s development in this area – besides that you will also get something positive out of it for SAP Solution Manager and finally your own IT solution.
All enhancements are normally delivered via an SAP Note – which means you can easily select, which of them are relevant for you.
Ok – great. This sound’s really interesting. What do I need to do, to take part in this project? 😎
- Go to the website http://influence.sap.com and register yourself.
- Visit the project page “CRM 2016” and follow this page (see “important links” below)
- Participate in one of the kick-off call (see next section)
- During the “Collect” phase: Submit your ideas and requests, and participate in existing feature discussions and votings.
When are those Kick-Off Calls? ℹ
There are two general global calls plus an additional call for DSAG customer.
You can find all information via the links below:
- General Information: https://influence.sap.com/ct/ct_a_view_blog.bix?c=2A9FA46A-2F06-4E16-AB9A-44FF3A8C873D&bID=86B1475E-8207-4C30-A101-A622D3BED5F1
- ASUG Customers: https://www.asug.com/events/detail/CRM-2016-Kickoff-2016
- DSAG Customers: https://forum.dsag.de/veranstaltungen/2015-09/customer-connection-kick-call-fuer-das-fokus-topic-crm-2016
Other Important Links: ❗
- Project Page for 2016 (Follow here!)
- Project Page from 2015 (you may check what has been done so far in former projects)
Personally, I would be very happy if many SAP Solution Manager customers from the area Change Management, Service Desk and IT Service Management will participate in this initiative, because I think it is a great offer from SAP and a great opportunity for our customers to make a difference.
– Produkt & Solution Management