How to Add Extension Fields to Standard Queries with Key User Tools (Silverlight)
There is a way to extend SAP queries with Extension Fields by simply using Key User Tools.
If you need to use those field in the PDI itself you can make use of the “Custom Object References”
I tried this with Silverlight; for HTML 5 please look here.
- As we use the Key User Tools your Business User should be a Key User.
This means the “Application and User Management” work center must be assigned to this user
- Go to the UI for which you want to enhance the query.
- Switch to the Adaption Mode via the menu
- Expand the UI by clicking on “Advanced” so that the individual query parameters are displayed
- Switch to Edit Screen via the menu
- Now you see on the right side the supported adaptions.
Click on the Extension Fields.
If your required field is not listed you can create one.
- Mark the checkbox Visible for all those field you the query to be extended by.
As result these fields appear on the UI.
- Finally click on Save or Publish.
That’s all, folks.