SAP HANA Dynamic Tiering Quick Start Guide – Overview
The SAP HANA Dynamic Tiering Quick Start Guide provides a hands on introduction to using the features and functions of the Dynamic Tiering component. The Quick Start Guide consists of 6 modular lessons starting with Lesson 1 which focuses on creating tables in the Dynamic Tiering extended storage, loading data and moving data between in-memory and Dynamic Tiering tables. Lesson 1 is a pre-requisite for the later lessons. Once lesson 1 is completed, the other lessons can be completed in any order.
Each lesson within the Quick Start Guide is published as a separate document. The first lesson – “Creating Tables and Loading Data” is a pre-requisite to the later lessons as it establishes the HANA schema, including the extended tables, which will be referenced in the later lessons. In addition there is a set of supporting data files and SQL scripts.
- Lesson 1 – Creating Tables and Loading Data
- Lesson 2 – Query Processing in SAP HANA Dynamic Tiering
- Lesson 3 – Monitoring SAP HANA Dynamic Tiering Using HANA Studio and HANA Cockpit
- Lesson 4 – Backup and Recovery of SAP HANA Dynamic Tiering
- Lesson 5 – Managing Disk Storage Space for SAP HANA Dynamic Tiering
- Lesson 6 – Data Modelling with Calculation Views and Extended Tables
The supporting files can be downloaded from SAP HANA Dynamic Tiering Quick Start Guide – Supporting Files