Managing Smart Data Streaming with SAP HANA Cockpit
SAP HANA cockpit is an SAP Fiori Launchpad site that provides a single point of access to a range of Web-based administration applications. For SAP HANA smart data streaming, the cockpit lets you:
- Manage streaming nodes, workspaces, adapters and projects.
- Monitor system alerts and memory usage.
- Configure settings for the streaming cluster.
The SAP HANA cockpit displays content as tiles arranged in groups. The SAP HANA smart data streaming tiles give you immediate access to real-time information on the various elements of smart data streaming. From these tiles, you can drill down into the relevant element for more detailed information and functions.
SAP HANA cockpit homepage with SAP HANA smart data streaming tiles
Permissions and Roles
The SAP HANA cockpit uses a role-based concept, so users only have access to those tiles for which they are authorized. For example, you can set permissions for users to see only the smart data streaming tiles, or only the SAP HANA core platform tiles.
Set these permissions for your users:
1. Access SAP HANA cockpit: sap.hana.admin.roles::Monitoring or sap.hana.admin.roles::Administrator
2. Access the Streaming tiles: sap.hana.streaming.monitoring.roles::Monitoring
3. Look at the tile catalog, and add or delete any tiles or groups: sap.hana.uis.db::SITE_DESIGNER
You can customize the default homepage of the SAP HANA cockpit by modifying the content of existing groups (eg, SAP HANA Smart Data Streaming in the image above) and creating your own groups. You can remove tiles that you don’t need, as well as add tiles from any of the available tile catalogs.
The smart data streaming tiles are:
- Streaming Adapters:
- view details and statistics for adapters managed by the cluster.
- add or delete cluster-managed adapters.
- stop or start cluster-managed or project-managed adapters.
- Streaming Nodes:
- view node details, including the projects and adapters associated with the node.
- Streaming Workspaces:
- view details for all workspaces in the cluster, including the projects and adapters in each workspace.
- add or delete workspaces.
- Streaming Projects:
- view details for all projects in the cluster, and all streams, windows, and adapters in the projects.
- add, delete, stop, or start a streaming project.
- Streaming Publishers:
- view details for all publishers in the cluster.
- Streaming Subscribers:
- view details for all subscribers in the cluster.
- Streaming Cluster Configuration:
- configure the heartbeat interval and keystore settings.
- SAP HANA Documentation for Smart Data Streaming:
- view SAP HANA smart data streaming help guides.
To find out more about the ins and outs of the SAP HANA cockpit, you can watch the video demo. In this video, I give an overview of the SAP HANA Smart Data Streaming tile set, show you how to add the tiles to your SAP HANA cockpit, and let you know which permissions you need to enable. The video also includes a short tour of each tile, telling you about the data you can expect to see in the tiles, and about their management capabilities.
For more SAP HANA smart data streaming videos, take a look at the playlist on the SAP HANA Academy YouTube channel.