What do youth, health and sports have in common? At the SAP Spotlight Tour in Brazil the answer is technology. Through technology people are receiving better and faster care, fans are receiving the ultimate sporting experience and youth are achieving their aspirations.
The SAP Spotlight Tour will take place August 12-14 in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Thought leaders on the topics of youth, health and sports will come together to share how technology has been a positive influence on their industry and themselves.
Why Latin America? It is a region whose companies are characterized by innovation. Over 28,000 companies in Latin America are using SAP, including: DASA a medical diagnosis company; Albert Einstein Hospitals; and soccer teams Palmeiras and Gremio. SAP Latin America engages with young people; currently 25% of the offices’ employees are “Millenials. Additionally, SAP University Alliances has established 116 programs across the region that teach SAP technologies as part of their engineering and administration curricula.
Today’s youth are the 80 million digital natives aged between 21 and 34, socially responsible men and women who will constitute 75%of the workforce by 2025. SAP recognizes this generation as the epicenter of the consumerization of technology.
At the event SAP will spotlight the following thought leaders in youth:
- Brazil’s social entrepreneur of the year from 2014, Claudio Sassaki (@ClaudioSassaki) will address the audience about the importance of entrepreneurship and education for today’s youth.
- Four social entrepreneurs from SAP ExponentesEndeavor.
- Brabov needed to make farming more efficient via mobile apps. Three of their young developers will share how they turned an idea into reality.
All around the world people are living longer and healthier lives, and more people have access to modern medicine than ever before. SAP harnesses the power of big data to improve health and save lives. Looking at the state of healthcare today and the vision we expect it to be tomorrow, the industry must transform.
The SAP Spotlight Tour will shine a light on SAP customers making a difference in people’s lives:
- Known as one of the best-known health units in Brazil for quality of service Albert Einstein Hospitals’ CIO Ricardo Santoro uses technology to improve patient and employee care.
- SAP healthcare experts Martin Kopp and Margareth Amorim will give insights into the changes in healthcare industry and how technology is the enabler of this change.
- Fumajet is fighting infectious disease with MOTOFOG technology pests in hard-to-reach urban and rural geographies. Director Marcius Victorino.
Over the last century, advances in technology have revolutionized sports and as a result, the sports industry has become a $100 billion global industry. Though still in early stages, a new era in sports has arrived: the era of Big Data. Today, our ability to process incredible amounts of raw data is transforming professional sports at every level – from the owner’s box, to the playing field, to the fans at home.
Speaking about this transformation are sport clubs and SAP thought leaders:
- Sharing how their soccer club runs on technology will be President Paulo Nobre and CFO Luciano Paccielo of Palmeiras, one of Brazil’s most successful football clubs.
- Giving fans the ultimate experience, SAP’s Stefan Wagner and Daniel Duarte will share power plays using smart data to engage fans and improve team operations.
- One of Brazil’s largest football clubs, Gremio is using technology to help their players gain a competitive edge on competition. Antonio Dutra Junior, VP of Gremio Administration Board will explain how.
Event videos and blogs will be available in the coming weeks. Follow @SAPBrasil and @SAPNews for the latest event tweets! #SAPSpotlight.