Cascading is a helpful functionality if multiple scorecards under a context hierarchy have similar definition. Here are the main related features:
* Compare scorecard items with different names in Scorecard Comparison.
In SSM 7.5, only if a scorecard item exists in multiple contexts with the exact same name, this item could link multiple contexts and appear in the same line of the Scorecard Comparison view. In SSM 10 and SSM 10.1, if using Scorecard Cascading functionality, scorecard items on the cascade level can be linked together and appear in the same line of the Scorecard Comparison view even if their names are different.
A) Traditional Comparison View
B) Cascading Comparison View
*Copy and Compare initiatives.
Not just the scorecard items could be similar. You might also want some similar initiatives based on those linked scorecard items created in every context under the context hierarchy.
Below is an example based on “pwsample” regarding how to set up Scorecard Cascade.
1. Assign the cascade level in SM Admin > Administration > Set Defaults page.
2. Create a group of scorecards / contexts with hierarchy.
( “Miami” is copied from “Northeast” but has a dimension filter “Store: Miami” in SSM Admin > Scorecard > Set Defaults page.)
As shown in the above screen shot, the “Fashion Enterprise” is on the top level, “Northeast” and “Miami” are on its sublevels.
3. Create linked non-KPI scorecard items (objectives) in Library.
Below is a screen shot of cascade objective details:
4. Assign these cascade objectives to scorecards.
5. Display linked Scorecards in SSM Admin>Context Management>View Cascade Details.
6. Compare cascaded items on Scorecard Comparison View.
Create an initiative and cascade it to other contexts.
1. Create an initiative “Cascade Test” in the top level “Fashion Enterprise”, and assign the cascaded scorecard item “Cascade Testing – Fashions Enterprise” to it.
2. Click on “Cascade” link on Initiative tab.
3. There are two options, “Cascade Based on Context” and “Cascade Based on Cascaded Items”. Compared to “Cascade Based on Context”, the “Cascade Based on Cascaded Items” could copy all assigned scorecard items and replace the cascaded scorecard items with their linked ones belonging to the context.
The initiative will be copied to all the selected contexts. It also provides the chance to change the name, owner, actual or budget of those new initiatives. As in the below screen shot, the linked cascaded scorecard items could be replaced by the linked one belonging to the scorecard.
4. View linked initiatives by selecting “Linked Initiatives” view on Initiative tab.