Procedure for Deletion of Master Data in SAP BI
Master data deletion is not a straightforward deletion what normally we do for Info Cube or DSO. Master data may have dependency with the transaction data, in this case Master data deletion is not easy. We should delete the related master data over the transaction data providers (Info Cube or DSO or Info Object) first and then we need to delete the main master data. Here in this blog I would like share the procedure what we follow for Master data deletion in our project,
- Identify the Master data we would like to delete. Here I would like to delete a data for an employee in the master data.
2. Select all the three records and delete. After pressing the delete button, click Save, next one pop up will come for selecting the data deletion Without SID’s and With SID’s. Always select with SID’s and Save.
3. If the master data is used somewhere in the transactional data providers (Info Cube or DSO or Info Object), it will not get data deleted in the master data. It will pop up an message saying “No Master Data was deleted”.
4. This means that the master data is used somewhere, to check where this go to the transaction SLG1 and pass the parameters as mentioned in the below screenshot,
After passing the above parameters execute and now you can see the details where the master data still used.
5. Now in the above step it shows that the master data is used on one of the Info cube. Usually it shows Info Cube, DSO, or Info Object. In case the master data is used in the Info Cube, please do selective deletion of the master data in that Info Cube. By doing this, Fact table data only deleted, to delete the data in the Dimension table, go to transaction RSRV, and pass the required parameters and execute for test, by doing this, the data in the Dimension table will also get deleted.
In case the master data is used in the DSO, please do selective deletion of the master data in that DSO, by doing this data in the Active data table and Changed log table will gets deleted.
In case the master data is used in the Info Object, please do selective deletion of the master data in that Info Object and follow the procedure from 1 to 5 if in case the master data of the current object is used somewhere in the target providers(Info Cube or DSO or Info Object).