Connect SAP Lumira to Eloqua, Marketo, Google Analytics
Lumira shops are expanding data discovery to cloud data, and it often starts in sales and marketing operations. Sales is finding new insight through analytics across opportunities, pipelines and other custom objects in Salesforce, MS Dynamics, Oracle Service Cloud or SugarCRM. For marketing operations, we’re seeing data driven teams run analysis on campaign and activity data across Eloqua, Marketo, Hubspot and Google Analytics.
These connections are being established using the DataDirect Cloud BI service (JDBC, OData, and ODBC) which is built by the same engineering expertise that developed connectors for SAP BI enterprise reporting and warehousing tools. DataDirect Cloud is self service and connects to popular data sources across SaaS applications, hosted databases and firewall friendly connectivity over HTTPS. Regarding connecting over HTTPS, DataDirect Cloud can even get to data sources behind your firewall from the cloud so submit an idea here if you’d like to see that capability in SAP Lumira Cloud.
Getting Started with SAP Lumira and Oracle Eloqua (same steps apply for any supported data source):
1. Sign up for DataDirect Cloud Trial
2. The first step is to create a Data Source definition. On the Dashboard, you can click on ‘Data Sources’ tab to the left of Dashboard and then you would have to click on ‘Data Stores’ on the Next Screen.
3. Select Eloqua for this tutorial and enter your connection information.
Note: This is usually sent via e-mail by your Eloqua Admin if you do not already have it.
4. Test the connection to make sure you are getting connected successfully.
5. On the Left side, you will find a link Downloads, from where you can download DataDirect Cloud JDBC Drivers and install them.
Note: DataDirect Cloud provides a SQL compliant interface to all of the supported data sources via JDBC. In addition, those same sources can produce OData which we will discuss in future tutorial.
6. Open SAP Lumira and Add New Data Sheet.
7. In the Add New Dataset form select your source as ‘Query With SQL’ and press Next.
8. On the Next Screen, you will be shown all the available Databases. Check the Checkbox ‘Show all’ on right side to view other sources of databases that are unavailable. Now head over to Generic drivers and choose “Generic JDBC Datasource – JDBC Drivers”
9. Install the Generic JDBC drivers by clicking on Install button. You would have to browse to “C:\Program Files\Progress\DataDirect\Cloud_for_JDBC_20\lib\ddcloud.jar” and press ok to install the drivers and press Next.
10. On the Next Screen, fill in your DataDirect Cloud credentials and JDBCURL and JDBC Class.
JDBCURL=jdbc:datadirect:ddcloud://service.datadirectcloud.com;databaseName=<Data Source Name>
<Data Source Name>: It’s the Name of your datasource that you have configured to connect to Eloqua in DataDirect Cloud.
JDBCClass = com.ddtek.jdbc.ddcloud.DDCloudDriver
11. Click on Connect and on the Next screen you will find all your tables and you can select which data that you need to visualize by running a SQL query. Below is a basic visualization using the above setup showing the number of Emails sent by Account.
On SAP Lumira, when you try to connect to DataDirect Cloud for the first time, If may encounter the following error:
sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
To resolve, follow steps in the following SAP knowledge article:
2113614 – How do I set up SSL for SAP Lumira connecting to SAP Lumira Server?
- Get the InstallCert program from here.
- Compile the program and run it to retrieve the certificate from server as below:
java InstallCert service.datadirectcloud.com
- Extract certificate from created jssecacerts keystore using the following command.
keytool -exportcert -alias service.datadirectcloud.com-1 -keystore jssecacerts -storepass changeit -file service.datadirectcloud.com.cer
- Import certificate into keystore that came with SAP Lumira at the location C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\Desktop\jre\lib\security using command:
keytool -importcert -alias service.datadirectcloud.com- keystore C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\Desktop\jre\lib\security -storepass changeit -file service.datadirectcloud.com.cer
About the author:
Sumit Sarkar, Chief Data Evangelist