Need to give user access to a particular table to maintain without giving access to SM30/SE16
Assign a Z Transaction to the table view/maintenance directly.
In our example we will use a z table “ZCS_PARTNERS”
1) Go to Transaction SE93
2) Enter your new Z transaction code here (In this example: Z_ZCS_PARTNERS)
3) Click on “Create”
4) Enter a short Text for your transaction (something more meaningful than just “TEST”)
5) Click on radio button for “Transaction with parameters (parameter transaction)”
7) Enter SM30 (Table maintenance transaction)
8) Click in the check box for “skip initial screen”
9) Enter the following:
– Name of Screen field: VIEWNAME Value: ZCS_PARTNERS (which is the table used in this example)
– Name of Screen field: UPDATE Value: X
– The system will prompt you for a package and transport info
Now test out your newly created transaction.
Expected behavior: When the transaction is executed it will take the user directly into the table
Side Note: Once you are satisfied with your results you would then work with your functional leads/security admin to identify the appropriate roles for your transaction.
Hope this document is helpful!