Interested in applying your programming expertise alongside like-minded professionals and enthusiasts to address business needs?
Join us in September for the “SAP Lumira BizViz Hackathon”!
What is the SAP Lumira BizViz Hackathon?
This hackathon is a developer challenge to create visualization extensions for SAP Lumira to solve specific business problems. SAP Lumira is a self-service, Business Intelligence tool that business analysts can use to create data visualizations to better represent their data. The app is free to download for personal use and can be found at the SAP Lumira Homepage
SAP Lumira: Self-service data visualization for everyone
When is it?
Thursday, September 10th – Saturday, September 12th
at SAP Labs in Palo Alto
What’s in it for me?
- Learn from subject matter experts about the present and future of data analysis.
- Expand your network by connecting with SAP’s global base of Customers, Partners, and Employees in virtually every existing line of business.
- Grow your knowledge of building charts using fresh, cloud-based technology and gain exposure for your creativity.
- Enjoy collaborating with peers to build solutions for real-world problems.
- Power your mind with FREE FOOD & DRINK to enjoy.
We will also showcase your extensions on SAP’s global community network – so make it great!
- Required – basic development skills in D3.js
- Preferred – development skills in jQuery, SVG, HTML
- Participants should arrive with a business use case and associated data, preferably in XLS or CSV format. These can be from the participants’ organization, or other approved data sources.
How do you win?
A panel of analytics experts will judge the entries based on their applicability, originality and creativity.
- In order to qualify for the hackathon, developed extensions need to run successfully on SAP Lumira.
- All submissions represent valid business use cases.
- Participants agree to open-source their extensions on GitHub.
- Participants are encouraged to write a blog on SCN. Winners are expected to write a blog on SCN about their submission.
I’m in, what’s my next step?
Simple! Fill out this quick self-assessment and then stay tuned to your email for more event details and registration information.
Scan QR code to apply on your phone!
If you have any questions, please contact us at SAPLumiraBizVizHack@gmail.com.