- Need an option similar to SMLG (for dialog users) to manage batch jobs.
- Load balancing for batch jobs
Similar to logon groups (SMLG) for dialog users you can create a batch server group to manage the executing servers for batch jobs.
Create a batch server group and assign it to “Exec. Target” when creating batch jobs (SM36). This way you can load balance your batch jobs and can easily manage the executing batch servers.
1) Go to T-Code SM61
2) Click on “Job-Servergruppen” button
3) Click on “Group” button to create a new group
4) Give a Group name (eg: BATCH)
5) Click “Continue”
6) Expand the “All Groups” node
7) Double click on the Group that you have created (eg: BATCH)
8) Click on “Assignment” button
9) Select the servers
10) Double click on the application server that you want to add
11) Click “Continue”
— Repeat steps 8 to 11 to add additional servers
12) You should now see under the group the list of servers
Assigning the group to Batch jobs:
You can either add this server group to new jobs or edit the existing jobs. The Batch job Group should now be available as an option when you click the “Exec. Target” option (SM36 or SM37 change job):
Hope this document was helpful.