Monthly Highlights from the SAP User Experience Community – August 3rd
Not sure how the summer has been where you are (for those of you in the southern hemisphere, make that winter), but here in Germany it has been unusually hot and dry. Despite the heat, quite a few people, including myself, managed to post some interesting articles on the between trips to the swimming pool.
Without further ado, here’s what’s new from the month of July:
- What are the advantages of SAP Fiori UX over traditional SAP GUI? To help answer that question, Katie Moser posted Experience Transformation with SAP Fiori UX which points to a series of videos that show you side-by-side comparisons of SAP Fiori with the older SAP GUI experience. Compare the processing time, clicks, screen changes, and fields filled.
- Meet Clemens, Design Intern at SAP in this fifth interview from a series of talks with SAP employees in a variety of roles in the area of user experience and design.
- Simplification is as challenging and important today as it was in 2004 when our (now retired) colleague and UX expert, Gerd Waloszek, published those introductory words in his extensive online guide called “Simplifying for Usability” on the . With this post, we would like to continue to offer this “oldie but goodie” resource from the SAP Design Guild to our readers.
- In this two-part interview series, I talk to Ulrike Weissenberger, VP of Global Design Enablement, and Hanswerner Dreissigacker, VP of Global Design Frontrunner Apps who were respectively early proponents of user-centered design and design thinking at SAP.
- Here’s a new and fun warm-up to try from the Design & Co-Innovation Center. In this exercise, learn how to embrace stumbles and falls along the journey to success: Warm Ups: 123 “TA-DA”by Kevin Langer.
In Design News:
- In the post, SAP Innovations Inspire Further with Ford Conference Attendees, Sophia Marx recounts how the SAP Design and Co-Innovation Center (DCC) hosted Further with Ford conference attendees in Palo Alto. Check out some of the SAP innovations and prototypes that SAP showed to Ford media.
- SAP is very honored to have recently been awarded with the for our Medical Research Insights application.
- In this post from July 7th, Peter Spielvogel announces the general availability of SAP Screen Personas 3.0 Learn about the completely re-platformed, HTML5-based SAP Screen Personas which makes it easier than ever to implement Fiori designs using SAP Screen Personas.
The SAP User Experience Community is a public community dedicated to the exchange of ideas and knowledge about design and user experience. The Community is for everyone interested in design and user experience, so join the conversation!