New Release SAP Identity Management 8.0 SP1 Highlights
We are ready with our next release of SAP Identity Management 8.0 SP1
The essential new features in this release are:
- SAP Identity Management now supports SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) database system
- New Java-based IBM Lotus Domino connector
- Developer Studio Eclipse plug-in is supported on MAC OS X and Linux.
- Improved privilege grouping concept
- Some improvements of the UI based on customers’ feedback
- Enhanced SuccessFactors Connector
After receiving a lot of feedback and requests from customers we made SAP Identity Management now run on an SAP database – SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) database system. This will give our customers simplified licensing and optimization of costs of ownership of their SAP solutions.
The new Java-based IBM Lotus Domino connector will address the need of larger customer group and it can run on any platform Java can run. The connector is delivered as a separate package in the Provisioning framework for SAP Identity Management 8.0. To make yourself familiar with the set of supported scenarios and prerequisites see the SAP Identity Management Connector Overview and the respective documentation.
To further expand the platform coverage of SAP Identity Management 8.0 with SP1, the Developer Studio Eclipse plug-in is supported on MAC OS X and Linux.
With the improved integration between SAP Identity Management and GRC Access Control now the privilege grouping concept allows SAP Identity Management to trigger an assignment of a business role or GRC request only if the business role and its children are already evaluated by the dispatcher and the privileges are grouped into one group. This will ensure that the whole content of the business role (the privileges) will be sent together to the target (GRC AC) system.
Based on input from several customers we did several enhancements in the UIs of Identity Management 7.2 SP10 and also in 8.0 SP1
- Added some configurability and improved layout of Assignment Details dialog
- In To Do tab now we show Display name instead of Operation name
- Usability in Manage tab and made number of favorites configurable
- Some usability improvements with assignments
SuccessFactors connector now supports update back to SuccessFactors Emplyee Central of the username and email attributes as they are normally generated outside of this system.
Also in parallel we improved the upgrade experience from 7.2 SP9 to 8.0 and 8.0 SP1.
Here you can find also slides about What’s New in 8.0 SP1: https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-65925