It’s the middle of summer and I have to deliver a new solution manager for a customer.
Of course I need to install the latest version (7.1 SP13)… but SAP only provide an export of an SP04 system.
So the process is a little bit slow…
You go through your installation (8 hours)… and then you have the pleasure to process arround 13 Gb of patches with SUM (28 hours of processing).
Then I made a mistake, I did upgrade the SLD CR content to the latest version… 5 hours of processing for loading around 70 Mb of CIM data.
I then start the system preparation roadmap and reach that horrible 6.2 step where SLD and LMDB are synchronized… 8 hours after reaching that point the synchro is not half way yet!
Note 1555955 – SAP Solution Manager 7.1 – Performance Checks for LMDB give some tips that are quite useless, Abap shared memory is big enough, no swap on my system.
As advised I did update statistics on LMDB_P* tables, I have a script running every hour for that
select ‘exec DBMS_STATS.GATHER_TABLE_STATS (”SAPSR3”, ”’ || table_name || ”’, cascade=>TRUE, degree=>8);’
from dba_tables where table_name like ‘LMDB_P_%’;
I did even create an index for the poor sql request that has already run 1.4 millions of times…
CREATE INDEX “SAPSR3”.”LMDB_P_INSTANCE~Z0″ ON “SAPSR3″.”LMDB_P_INSTANCE” (“DOMAIN_ID”, “NAMESPACE_ID”, “INST_HASH”, “COUNTER”) TABLESPACE “PSAPSR3” online parallel (degree 8) nologging;
Thank you SAP for making basis consultant life so funny, and do no try to make your code better.
Real programmers don’t eat quiche and are not coding on solman either !