By Cosmin Jimborean
Lead Architect, SAP Customer Activity Repository
In this article I will show how to hide certain TLOG fields from the POS Workbench in such a way that they are visible for some super users but invisible to regular users.
Assume you have a requirement that sensitive fields, such as customer related fields, should not be visible for all users.
Below, I will show a step by step guide how to hide the following three customer-related fields:
- Define and maintain a Field Selection Profile in the Customizing
- Run transaction /N/POSDW/IMG.
- Create a new field selection profile using code Z001 and a description. Save your entries.
- Select the new profile in the table and then double-click on Structure Settings in the Dialog Structure.
- Click on New Entries.
- Enter “TRANSACTION” in the structure name and select the Visible checkbox.
- Select the TRANSACTION structure in the table and then double-click on Field Settings in the Dialog Structure.
- Click on New Entries and enter the names of the fields you want to hide (in this example, I want to hide CUSTOMERIDPOS, CUSTOMERAGE, and CUSTOMERENTRYMETHOD). Leave the checkboxes deselected.
Note: As seen below, you can make a field visible, changeable, and/or searchable. Using the same approach a field could be made visible, but read-only.
- Save your entries.
- Add authorization object to a role
- Run transaction PFCG.
- Edit the role or create a new role.
- Click on Change Authorization Data.
- Add new authorization object W_POS_FSPR (Authorization for Field Selection Profile).
- Click on Field Selection Profile.
- Enter the Z001 profile you created earlier and click Save.
- Save and generate the role.
- Go back to the role and assign a user to the role.
- Click User Comparison and make sure that the User tab turns green.
- Verify the whole thing works
That’s it! Pretty easy.