This document focuses on a customer who desires to implement SuccessFactors Employee Central first, and later on transfer employee data from SuccessFactors Employee Central to on-premise SAP using Dell Boomi AtomSphere as the integration middleware.
XYZ Services has just implemented Success Factor Employee Central for all the countries and only the four countries (Switzerland, Germany, US and UK) are selected to run payroll in SAP On-premise with Success Factor Employee Central integration.
Due to the complexity in the requirements for XYZ Services, India would like to implement SAP On-Premise first, and later on to execute the integration of SuccessFactors Employee Central with SAP On-Premise to run payroll in SAP On-Premise.
To integrate and transfer data from Success Factor Employee Central with SAP On-premise using Dell Boomi Atom- Sphere middleware, the following steps must be executed before doing it in Production system.
- The copy of Success Factor Employee Central Production has to be taken and kept as pre-production system.
- The copy of SAP On-Premise Production has to be taken and kept as pre-production system.
The biggest challenge is, the data available in Success Factor Employee Central Pre-Production System is effective from 01st Jan’2015 to 31st May’2015 (considering you want both the system to be live by August’2015) however the data available in SAP On-Premise will be from 01st April’2015 to 31st May’2015. Keeping the above challenges in mind we propose to synchronize by updating the data between both the systems to run the payroll in SAP On-premise.
These are main steps required to implement the SuccessFactors Employee Central integration with SAP On-Premise:
- Align Success Factor data in pre-production system with the start date as 01.01.0215 for all the employees with SAP On-Premise system by comparing mandatory info types (Actions (0000), Organizational Assignment (0001), Personal Data (0002), Addresses (0006), Planned Working Time (0007), Basic Pay (0008), Communication (0105).
- Split Job Information and Compensation Records in Success Factor Employee Central prior to 01.04.2015 with dummy values and update the necessary fields with real values after 01.04.2015.
- Switch on Dell Boomi AtomSphere for the data replication in SAP On-Premise to run payroll.
The above mentioned steps should be executed manually with restricted number of employees to check a replication. To do the changes for mass employees, the approach would include maintaining the data in excel sheet with duly filled respective fields