To be successful and generate top line growth, Professional Services companies need to have the right resources at the right place and the right time for their customers. The role of the Engagement Manager is something of a juggling act keeping many balls up in the air at the same time. The engagement manager has to maintain a fine balance between satisfying a customer need for specific skills and competencies and ensuring that the resource in question is engaged at a price that will protect the company’s profit margin.
A fine balance
What does the engagement manager need?
- Access to an overview of resources for customer projects
- Daily rate
- Tools to calculate profitability, assess risk accurately and determine a rate which will generate profit
- Access to contingent resources where needed to supplement resource gaps
- Overview of existing customer projects, progress vs plan and alerts for projects in need of attention to protect margins and reduce risk
- Insights on talent to ensure the firm has the right skills and to attract and retain the best people
How can we make their life simpler?
- By providing a single ”go to” place for Engagement Managers where they can view their current engagements providing key figures, highlighting risks and issues and be pushed proactive alerts, such as actual vs planned costs, aged Work In Progress and debt and overdue bills.
- By enabling a cross-project view for bid preparation and planning, easy estimating of project costs and revenue planning and managing change and issues.
- A project workspace in which they can drill down to the level of individual engagements and look at the detail of forecast outcomes, staffing details, outstanding invoices, sales transactions, issues and changes.
Hear from our customers Deloitte & CSC about their experience in this video. Learn how CSC differentiate themselves from other Professional Services companies on performance thanks to improved insights into their resources and high impact tools which enable them to develop talent and skills within their workforce of 90 000 people.
Want to learn more?
Follow us on @SAPIndustries #ProfessionalServices