Moving to SAP S/4HANA is a hot topic for many of our customers, and they are looking for support from SAP to help them plan their paths.
We’ll take a look at three key scenarios describing possible paths toward SAP S/4HANA. Depending on the scenario, a customer has a choice of deployment options, including cloud, on premise, and even hybrid. And for each scenario, the Service & Support organization at SAP can help you with planning, deployment, and operations.
Consider your options for moving to SAP S/4HANA
We have identified three key scenarios for customers who want to move to SAP S/4HANA:
- System Conversion – Existing customers planning to move to SAP S/4HANA by converting existing business suite systems
- Landscape Transformation – Existing customers moving to SAP S/4HANA while making changes to their system landscape (for example, system consolidations, carve-outs, or a central finance implementations)
- New Implementation – Customers starting with a new implementation of SAP S/4HANA
For each of the scenarios, you can start with a one- to two-day value identification workshop to review your current challenges and get a better perspective on the real benefits the SAP HANA platform can provide your company. You will also gain an understanding of the value of achieving real-time business intelligence, how to accelerate adoption for your investment in SAP HANA, and how we can help you plan to move quickly from initial vision to realization.
As you plan your journey to SAP S/4HANA, Service & Support can provide expert guidance through our innovation strategy and road map service. This service helps you evaluate which scenario is best for your company and identify which business areas would benefit most from SAP S/4HANA. We can help you assess your company’s needs and develop an efficient and cost-effective plan for implementing SAP S/4HANA. We can also help you develop a solid business case and road map – all within a short time frame. Our services for technical architecture and migration planning will help to further define your journey to SAP S/4HANA.
Looking at the key Implementation scenarios
- Customers who have decided to move to SAP S/4HANA by converting an existing business suite system can leverage rapid database migration of SAP Business Suite to SAP HANA (an SAP Rapid Deployment solution). The solution enables rapid upgrade of existing systems to the latest enhancement package and migration to the SAP HANA database. Additional services support the implementation of SAP Simple Finance and SAP Fiori UX as the first step in the SAP S/4HANA road map for customers.
- Customers moving to SAP S/4HANA while making changes to their system landscapes will follow a similar path, however the upgrade to the latest enhancement package and the migration to SAP HANA are supported by services based on SAP Landscape Transformation Replication Server.
- Customers that decide on a new implementation of an SAP S/4HANA system will benefit from services supporting a simple adoption. These services, for example, support guided configuration for the cloud editions and easy onboarding – from the discovery of the solution through cloud trials to the deployment with preconfigured best practices.
SAP has also announced a new consumption experience for SAP S/4HANA called SAP Activate. It builds on three components – SAP Best Practices, guided configuration, and methodology. SAP Activate includes benefits like a reference solution for a fast start as well as tools for an assisted implementation that enable continuous adaptation and innovation. You can find out more about SAP Activate here: http://www.news-sap.com/sap-activate-accelerates-sap-s4hana-innovation-adoption/
For more information, contact your SAP account representative to get started, or visit http://discover.sap.com/S4HANA.