This tool can provide an option to manage the external users, which are neither HR relevant, nor in any other way connected to the sources systems currently used within IdM.
The logic can be separated in three parts:
- SAP WD UI – for managing the external users information
- Back-end logic for UI search and validations
- SAP IdM logic(after the external users are created/changed the master data is updated in IdM and provisioned to the back-end systems)
1. WD UI – External users UI:
Note: in case the HR system can’t be use to manage the user’s source information
2. Tool functionalities:
- Complex search criteria to find exactly the people you are looking for.
- Mechanism for storing new users in IdM if the system is currently busy processing other tasks with higher priority.
- Easy extendable and transparent for maintenance.
- Auto generation of user ids (following a certain logic).
- Permission based access to certain functions.
3. IdM customizations:
- custom UI tasks for the rest calls
- UI task for Create
- UI task for Edit
- UI task for Display
- custom repository for managing the users
Note: as there is no back-end, system we need only the Master privilege to trigger the needed workflow in IdM
- custom job – managing the auto generation of user IDs
Note: on initial load of the users, the custom table should be updated accordingly(as we use for the auto generation of the user IDs)
Hope you like it 🙂