My experience with OpenSAP S/4 HANA Deep Dive Course
It was nice learning experience with OpenSAP S/4 HANA Deep dive course. This course was started around June for four weeks. I attended lectures from different faculties each week and gave final exam. The course took me through the many areas of S/4 HANA like its motivation, implementing and migrating to S/4 HANA etc at the end I got Record of acheivement for passing this course.
some of few important points i learned from this course.are as follows:
- Methodology: SAP came with new approach for implementation called SAP Activate. previously it was ASAP.
- Guided configuration: SAP has adopted app based approach for configuration which will replace previous IMG screen and we would be able to search this apps by name etc instead of remembering its transaction codes.
- S/4 HANA trial: I enjoyed taking 14 days free trial for S/4 HANA to explore its various scenarios from viewpoint of end users from following link SAP S/4HANA, cloud edition trial | SAP however i couldn’t able to find trial for configuration point of view.
- Migration: I learned that for migrating to S/4 HANA there are three scenarios. exisiting client have to first upgrade to latest version i.e. EHP7 then they need to migrate its database to HANA and then need to deploy simplification package. for new customers they can plan various scenarios, install best practice and import data from their legacy application.
- Cloud vs On premise edition: I learned that SAP can be deployed on cloud, on premise and hybrid. one key point is cloud is suitable for standard business process because it allows limited freedom on customization while on premise is suitable for those business process which is unique for enterprise and need to be customize to suit business requirements. for customization on cloud SAP provides in app extensibility with limited ABAP and HANA Cloud platform for lager extensions.
Simplification in Data model: S/4 HANA brings multidimensional paradigm in its data model by unifying tables which were previously created in denormalised form for storage efficency. for e.g. different tables were maintained previously to store data for General ledger, Material ledger, Asset accounting management accounting and profitability analysis which is now combined in to one Universal ledger. further all aggregates tables will replaced by on the fly calaculations via views which will provide realtime data for reporting.
Support: I learned that SAP has harmonised support experience irrespective ofcloud or on premise edition. Important point to note is that SAP will continue its maintenance committment for older SAP versions until 2025.I am thankful to all faculties in this course who have done lots of efforts in preparing and presenting this course.Note: The images i have used in this blog is from SAP Open course material and copyright of SAP. i have just inserted them with a view to explain some the concepts. In case if it is violating policies of SCN I am ready to remove them.In case if I have missed any important point or if something which i have written above is wrong then or misleading I would be grateful if anyone could suggest it.Although this course is over you can view or download its material and videos from following link openSAP | Enterprise MOOCs: Learn anywhere, anytime and on any device!
Be the first to leave a comment
You must be Logged on to comment or reply to a post.