Appendix G: New Features
The following are some of the new features to the SMP 3.0 platform since its initial release that may be of interest to Kapsel developers.
- Build dated June 29, 2015.
- Can add and remove certificates using the management cockpit. Settings > Certificates
- Released on Sept 22, 2015.
- SAP JVM 8.0
- See also SAP Hana Cloud Platform mobile services 1.2 released
- See also SAP Hana Cloud Platform mobile services 1.3 released
- Released on Dec 22, 2015.
- Development version uses SQL Anywhere 17. Previously it used SQL Anywhere 16
- New option to remove idle application registrations
- See also Release Notes: SAP Mobile Platform Server and What is New SCN article.
- Build for SP09 PL01 dated July 15, 2015.
- Cordova 5.0 support.
- Recommended IDE for Android is now Android Studio rather than ADT plugins for Eclipse. See also An update on Eclipse Android Developer Tools
- Kapsel plugin ID’s changed to follow naming change made by Cordova plugins. For example com.sap.mp.cordova.plugins.logon –> kapsel-plugin-logon
- A new Cordova Whitelist plugin with Content Security Policy
- Localization of Kapsel Plugins and Fiori Client for languages including de, en, es, fr, ja, pt, ru, and zh_CN
- Push Plugin on Android uses a newer push library.
- Selection on the Choose certificate dialog is remembered on Android and can be avoided on iOS via a new AuthProxy API named setAutoSelectCertificateConfig
- A Node.js application to create and build a pre-packaged Fiori application using the mobile cloud build service. See C:\SAP\MobileSDK3\KapselSDK\apps\packager\README.md.
- Build for SP10 dated Sept 24, 2015.
- See also SMP SDK SP10 released – What is new and Kapsel SP10 Release Notes
- Initial support for iOS9. Note the build setting enable bitcode must be disabled and unsecure communication using HTTP is restricted with App Transport Security.
- On Android, it is required to specify the minSDK used should be at least 14 in the config.xml with Cordova 5.1.1.
<platform name="android"> <preference name="android-minSdkVersion" value="14" /> </platform>
- The Logger plugin has a new API to enable clearing the log named sap.Logger.clearLog
- Updates to the voice recording plugin to provide a SAPUI5 user interface for the recording and playback screens.
- The push plugin can now optionally specify the senderID for GCM and on iOS supports remote notifications.
- Previously with the Logon plugin it was possible to prefill the password field shown in the registration screen. This was to be used during development. This is no longer possible.
- The Fiori Client now has a No Bridge security feature which prevents plugins from loading if the WebView opens a page other than the initial FioriURL.
- To better control when a SAML authentiation is performed (for offline use), the following were added (SP09 PL03).
sap.authproxy.performSAMLAuth and a config option named “refreshSAMLSessionOnResume”:”skip”
- Build for SP11 SP01 dated Jan 29, 2016
- See also the release notes for the Kapsel SP11 SDK and SAP Fiori Client 1.6 Changes.
- Cordova 5.4.1 and Node 5.4.1 support.
- Build for SP12 SP01 dated April 19, 2016
- See also the release notes for the Kapsel SP12 SDK.
- Cordova 6.0.0 support.