Existing SAP DB Control Center (DCC) users who are looking to upgrade from the initial version (SPS09) to SPS10 must follow a very specific procedure to perform the upgrade. This procedure is documented in SAP Note 2188247, but here are screenshots of the important steps.
Note: this procedure only applies to DCC SPS09 systems that are upgraded to SPS10. It does not apply to any other situation.
Step 1: Prepare the existing DCC system for upgrade
Simply follow the instructions in SAP Note 2188247 to backup your HANA system and download the latest DCC SPS10 (PL01 or higher) delivery unit from the SAP Service Marketplace. Make sure to download the PL1 (or higher) version of DCC SPS10.
Also, DO NOT attempt to import or install the new delivery unit at this time.
Step 2: Remove package assignment from delivery unit
- Log in to the SAP HANA Application Lifecycle Management (HALM) tool. The default URL is http://<hana.host.name>:<port>/sap/hana/xs/lm.
Ensure you log in with an account that has the role sap.hana.xs.lm.roles::Administrator.
- Click the “Products” tile.
- Click the “Delivery Units” link.
- Select the “HANA_DCC (sap.com)” delivery unit.
- Scroll down and select the “sap.hana.dcc.services.dest” package.
- Click the “Unassign” button and confirm the dialog.
- Log out of the HALM.
Step 3: Import the DCC SPS10 PL1 (or higher) delivery unit
You may now import the newest DCC SPS10 delivery unit. For complete details on the procedure, please refer to the DCC documentation. There is no need to uninstall the old DCC delivery unit.