Have you ever wondered why you have been running two Eclipse environment (Eclipse inside Design Studio Eclipse) for developing an Extension for SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio. Doing this also consumes more memory and more time. I have also been asking myself the same question and finally came up with a solution.
In this blog, I will explain the steps to achieve faster and smarter SDK development in SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio without Eclipse.
Steps for SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio SDK Development without ECLIPSE
- Step 1: Open the eclipse which is been currently used for your SDK development and click Run->Run-Configuration to open the Run Configuration dialog box.
- Step 2: Go to the Configuration Uncheck the Use Default Location option and click on Location.
- Step 3: From the New_configuration folder that opens, select and copy the config file to clipboard.
- Step 4: Open the Run dialog box (this can be done using the key combination windows + r). In the Run dialog box, type “%USERPROFILE%\Analysis-config\config\” and click OK. The config folder opens.
- Step 5: Rename the existing config file to another file name; ‘oldconfig’ in this case. Now, paste the copied config file to this folder.
- Step 6: Open the SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio application which is now in developing mode and start working without opening eclipse 😀
Another option is to open the default SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio application and follow till step 5. Rename old-config as config and; config as old-config. And you’re done! 😉