Watch the new video on SAP HANA Academy: Capturing Output in an SAP HANA Table.
One of the simplest ways to export data from a smart data streaming project into an SAP HANA database is to use the SAP HANA Output adapter. This adapter uses multiple parallel ODBC connections to load information from smart data streaming into the SAP HANA server.
To load data into your SAP HANA database, you need to:
- Set up a SAP HANA data service.
- Create a streaming project with a CCL output stream or window.
- Create a table in the SAP HANA database that matches the CCL output stream or window.
- Attach the SAP HANA Output adapter to the output stream or window, and configure it to use the data service from step 1.
- Run the project, then switch over to the SAP HANA table to see the processed output data.
In the video, I take a few short minutes to go through this process.
This tutorial uses the SAP HANA data service, which is a new type of data service introduced in SPS 10. The data service simplifies connections to SAP HANA databases. See the blog post on Creating an SAP HANA Data Service to learn more about the service, including the prerequisites and setup steps involved.
For more SAP HANA smart data streaming videos, take a look at the playlist on the SAP HANA Academy YouTube channel.
Related documentation on the SAP Help Portal: