Migration of Existing Web Service in SAP 7.4
The purpose of the document to provide steps to migrate web services from old version to the latest version.
The data sources created for web service source system in BW 7.0 using WSCONFIG, WSADMIN transaction codes do not work in BW 7.4 powered by HANA.
They need to be migrated manually to support new net weaver release. Below documents provide step wise procedure of migration.
- Execute WSMIGRATE.
2. Select the service (refer web services section) and execute.
3. Execute SOAMANAGER.
4. Opens a Web browser.
5. Go to web service configuration.
6. Open services (refer web services section).
7. Create Service.
8. Provide name and binding name.
9. Provide below details in provider security.
10.Provide below in SOAP protocol.
12.Once the biding is done, it will generate new URL.
14.Execute program WS_MANUAL_WEBI_AFTER_IMPORT, select force generation.
15.Activate the data source using program “RSDS_DATASOURCE_ACTIVATE_ALL”.
Points to consider:
- Please note that the migration is not transportable, this needs to be done in each of the environment.
- The testing can be done using tool “SOAP UI”
Below are the useful links which provide more information.