ERMS Configuration Guides and Documentation
Many customers have asked where they can find the latest information, presentations, and configuration guides for E-Mail Response Management System (ERMS) for SAP CRM. So I’ve put together the following, hopefully comprehensive, list:
- SAP Note 940882 (ERMS FAQ Note) that contained links to two presentations: an ERMS Overview presentation and an ERMS How-To Guide.
- Article, “How to Set Up Threading in ERMS” by Sigrid Wieshofer
- Updated ERMS Configuration Guide created by Amrish Singh, a Senior CRM Solution Consultant with UCS Solutions (Pty) Ltd. This updated guide is based on CRM 7.0 and includes up-to-date screens shots and instructions. **Please note that the information provided by Amrish is not part of SAP standard documentation and it is thus not a matter of or covered by SAP standard support.
- Advanced Inbound Email Handling by Christian Drumm (how to forward emails from personal Microsoft Outlook accounts so that the emails can be processed by SAP CRM ERMS, including auto-response to original senders)
SAP Help Portal: Setting Up ERMS
- CRM 7.0 EHP3:
https://rapid.sap.com/bp/#/browse/categories/lines_of_business/areas/sales/packageversions/RDS_CRM/CRM/703/XX/6/EN/scopeitems/C83See Building Block CRM Interaction Center – E-Mail Settings (C4B) for detailed information
- SAP Note 1516469 E-Mails do not reach Agent Inbox, Container:ACTIONS is empty, Empl. and Group Responsible not filled
- KBA 1823519 E-Mails in CRM: how to figure out the right component for SAP Note/KBA search
- KBA 1846041 How to analyze why an ERMS inbound E-Mail is not found in the agent inbox
- KBA 1850076 ERMS inbound E-Mails: Error when processing node ‘0000000004’ (ParForEach index 000000) – no agents could be determined
- KBA 2086590 CRM IC: HTML content, attachment or images are not shown, when displaying an E-Mail
- KBA 1861686 ERMS: Out of office reply to an Auto acknowledgement causes a loop
- KBA 2146063 Problems related to triggering escalation E-Mails when using the ERMS inbound E-Mail workflow
- KBA 2597668 Preventing issues during ERMS inbound e-mail processing by assigning required authorization to workflow user
Follow me on my blog at http://scn.sap.com/people/john.burton/blog
Thank you John.
where i can found information about outgoing email from service request ?
For information about One2One E-Mail Integration, see SAP Library.
I try to understand what is the best way to send E-mail when we change status in service request.
can you help me with the rule modeler or something else ....
Take a look at the standard Action processing provided by SAP.
There's loads of good documentation in SAP HELP and SCN.
You can send a link to one of the documents ...?
Honestly, I got lost in SAP HELP and SCN ...
If you want a long lasting career in SAP you'll need to master the art of searching the online documentation...you can thank me later .
Alternatively check out the SAP CRM Best Practice guides...you can start with C78
Agreed. Just google PPF (Post Processing Framework) actions.
Can the same configuration be used for SOLMAN ERMS too..
thanks / Vijay.
Hi John , I have a Query , It would be great help If you can guide me .
I am trying to set ERMS with Multilevel Categorization .
Hi John Burton Thank you for this Article. Always sharing insightful and wonderful great stuff to the community.
Unfortunately could not access the articles in the URL mentioned in the beginning of the blog. Could you please share the latest.
Thanks in Advance
Hi Sampath, the link to the external document has expired and we currently check if and how it can be renewed. in the meantime if you drop me a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org I will send you a copy of the document. Thanks and best regards, Henning