We are pleased to announce the release of SDK SP09 to service market place. The major focus for this release was to provide enhancements, improve stability and lay the frame work for new features.
The new or changed features for the different components of the SDK are the following.
The application settings in the initial versions of LogonCore component could be accessed from ConnectionData property for iOS and Windows. For the Android, only some settings were available through dedicated properties and the ConnectionData property did not exist. In SP08, the ApplicationSettings property of the LogonCore instance replaced the ConnectionData property on the RegistrationContext for accessing server application settings.
In SP09, the ConnectionData property has been enhanced to support the V2 registration service provided in SAP Mobile Platform Server version 3.0 SP08.
We have also updated the usage guides for supportability with detailed examples of how to implement logging and end-to-end tracing for all supported platforms.
The following are some of the enhancements and updates to the hybrid SDK.
- Support for Apache Cordova CLI 5.1.1 for Hybrid SDK (Kapsel) applications.
- The Push plugin has been enhanced to support management of push notifications through SAP Push Hub.
- The Feature Restriction policy is now supported for use with Windows applications, in addition to Android and iOS.
- The X.509 certificate provider interface has been updated to reflect changes to the interfaces, new sample provider projects, support for authentication without SAP Mobile Platform, and support for a Windows interface.
- Changes to networking support affect Windows applications that use the SAP.Net.Http networking component
SAP Fiori client packaging*
We are also introducing a new feature to support the SAP Fiori client packaging . Customers who have already installed a set of Fiori Apps (for example, CRM) can make these applications available in a packaged form suitable for installing on a mobile device and built using the Cordova and Hybrid SDK (Kapsel). The CLI packager tool is a node.js script bundled with the Hybrid SDK and it allows users to create a prepackaged Fiori application by obtaining assets from a SAP Fiori Front-End Server (FES).
*For the packager to work , the SAP cloud build service from Mobile Secure is needed as a prerequisite. This is currently not generally available at the time of writing this blog.
The following are the updates to the Agentry toolkit
- Agentry applications now fully support the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) standard, including Alternate names in SSL certificates ,Wildcards in common names in SSL Certificates,Download of certificate chain
- Agentry editor changes to support properties like screen set header style , list tile view row style
- Documentation updates for Open UI and Data API