New Video Available: Creating an SAP HANA Data Service
Watch the new demo video on SAP HANA Academy: Creating an SAP HANA Data Service.
The SAP HANA data service is a new addition to the smart data streaming roster of available data services. Introduced in SPS 10, this service lets you connect to an SAP HANA database directly, and removes the extra steps of configuring ODBC connection information.
What’s a Data Service?
Adapters that subscribe or publish to databases use data services to facilitate those connections. You can specify which data service you want your adapter to use. At runtime, the adapter uses that data service to obtain a connection from the database manager, and executes queries over it.
The SAP HANA data service can connect to either:
- To your default SAP HANA database, which means you only need to enter database login credentials, or;
- To another SAP HANA database, which means you need to provide the login credentials, the type of database you’re connecting to (single or multi-tenant), and the SAP HANA port and host numbers.
To set up the data service, you need to:
- Install the SAP HANA client.
- Add or open a connection to the target server.
- Create a data service on the target server.
- Configure the data service.
Watch the video demo on setting up an SAP HANA data service to learn more about prerequisites and setup specifics.
For more SAP HANA smart data streaming videos, take a look at the playlist on the SAP HANA Academy YouTube channel.