I bet many of you, who read this blog, have already tried to redeploy MEINT as per SAP Note 1657302. Yesterday I had a chance and the need to do it in ME 15 environment and got stuck when needed to deploy it back. The error message at glance was confusing and looked like sapmediagnostic component was already deployed and that is why its deployment failed despite the version rule used. Had to spent quite some time to find out that not all MEINT Projects and Custom Actions are actually removed by undeploy and that the error refers to them.
So, let me share the steps that have helped to save your time if you ever face the same problem:
- Undeploy all MEINT components.
- Delete all meint Projects from the corresponding MII menu.
- Navigate to System Resources -> Custom Actions in MII menu.
- Choose and delete deployed meint actions.
- After that click on Deploy button there. Only after that custom actions should be completely removed.
- Restart MII from NWA.
- Deploy MEINT.
- Deploy MEINT CTC.
As always, I hope you find it useful.