Tuple Hierarchy Maintenance
We are about to replace a Hierarchy Table with multi valued Hierarchy.By this approach we are not required to link the least node of the hierarchy in the main table. No need of separate two different inbound loads to MDM system from Source system. We can save much and more memory.the search will be similar to hierarchy drill down in Main table. Let see the overall steps one by one.
Steps for creating Tuple Hierarchy
We are going to create a Tuple hierarchy table with 4 levels, each level has Code and Description. So create 4 lookup flat tables and please note we need to mention both code and description as Display field.
Incase if code and description is not created with Display field, then we can’t create compound field in Inbound Map.
- Create 4 lookup Flat Tables (level 1, level 2, level 3 and level 4).
- Data Structure of all lookup flat tables is Code and Desc.
- Display field is enabled for all lookup Flat tables in the MDM.
- Please maintain Code 2 Desc2 in the other lookup Flat tables.
- Create a Tuple Multi Valued table, which will be later linked to Main Table.
- The Data structure of the Tuple is as mentioned below.
- Level 1
- Level 2
- Level 3
- Level 4
- L1 field is mapped to Level 1 lookup Flat and the L2 is linked to Another Tuple table.
- Now Create a Main Table where we need to link the first Tuple table into that.
- Now Start the Repository with Update indices and open the Import Manager for creating inbound Map.
Inbound Map Creation:
- Import the delimited text file as per to create the inbound map.
- Choose the Source and destination table.
- Now map the fields of Source file to Destination table as mentioned below.
- Now we need to create Compound field and map to the destination Tuple field.
- We have to create all 4 level compound fields and all of them will be automatically mapped to the required destination field.
- Once the compound field created you can see all the 4 fields in the Source field Pane.
- Choose the MDIS Unmapped Value handling as “Add” for all 4 levels of hierarchy.
- Now we need to configure the matching field of Tuple, as per the below option.
- The Replace option is generally to make the hierarchy sync with source system updates.
- Choose the Matching field and save the map.
- Create the Port for auto processing and start the auto load from the source system.
- Once the data processed successfully, the hierarchy structure will be as mentioned below.
Syndication of Hierarchy to Target system:
- Now the Target system may require parent and node id information, this can be achieved by the help of Middle-ware system.