I am writing this document in continuation of my previous document How to generate a stack file using Maintenance Optimizer(Solution Manager)..?? …..
In previous document, we already have seen that how to generate stack file (.xml and .txt) using solution manager. So now we move further to keep in mind that stack file for SPS Upgrade is already available with us.
1) Maintain the kernel at latest level or skip kernel part during Stack File generation for SP Upgrade. In our case kernel already has been set to latest level.
2) Maintain minimum 46-48 GB free in Database to run SUM.
3) Run BTCTRNS1 to suspend all the background jobs.
4) Download latest version of SUM from Service Market Place. In our case it is SUM10SP12_6_20006543.SAR.
5) Make sure that Stack file (.xml) has been generated successfully and been placed to the directory /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in before starting of SP Upgrade.
1) Extract SUM10SP12_6_20006543.SAR using SAPCAR to the specified directory.
2) Run STARTUP file from directory.
3) Run DSUGui from path /media/SUM/sdt/exe else you can run GUI using your web browser. Please make a note of HTTP port (4239) while you are using web browser to run GUI. In our case, it is 4239.
As shown in above image, we are going to upgrade SP for single stack ABAP only. If you have dual stack system then we can upgrade ABAP+JAVA at the same time to reduce downtime.
4) Now specify user authentication using SIDADM password.
5) As we have successfully generated Stack file and have placed .xml file to /EPS/in directory, select file or directory as shown in image.
6) It will ask for keyword to confirm your target system. After applying keyword available in SAP Note, you will complete initialization step and will be entered to extraction phase.
7) Enter DDIC pasword of client 000.
8) Import the latest SPAM update to avoid unwanted future errors.
9) Press continue and it will prompt message screen. It contains all the information which you have selected during stack file generation.
10) Choose the main configuration of the tool and parameters for the procedure.
11) All information regarding configuration will be captured and message screen will be displayed of target stack.
12) Lock Development Environment and continue, your system moves to downtime phase.
13) Actual Update starts in the system.
14) The downtime has finished and system has been unlocked and is available for post-processing activities.
Once system is up and ready to use, release all the background jobs using BTCTRNS2 and perform other post update activities.
Hope you all guys find this document helpful..